Not Engaged Yet

How was your weekend?

How was your weekend?

Mine was good, but exhausting. Friday night was my friend's rehearsal & rehearsal dinner. It was fine but long it took forever to serve and order the food at the rehearsal dinner.  The next day was the wedding. I had the hair people do my hair like Jennifer Lawrence's oscar hairstyle. They didn't quite get it right but my hair still looked really nice. The church had no air conditioning it was so hot. We were supposed to have lunch delivered before we went to the church but the bride was running behind so we ordered pizza I couldn't eat it. I had FI bring me snacks after the church since there was a gap before the reception started.  Reception was good, but FI got sick from the food there and left an hour early.  He was really sick because normally he wouldn't leave me like that. So I was kind of bummed the rest of the night. I stayed for the remaining hour though myself. The waiters at the reception were pretty clueless but they didn't know there was vegetarian meal offered even though it was right on the menu in front of us, the waiter argued with me it was part of another dish. So I just said I needed a dish with no cheese or meat. The first dish came out and had cheese on it and the second dish I got finally had no cheese on it, but it was cold . Blah

Luckily the next day FI was feeling better, we had a friend come over and help us work on the patio.  I'm really hoping it will be done by this weekend. I love how it looks so far. Then we ran errands once it began to rain and ordered chinese take out and relaxed watching TV.  I'm tired and a bit sore from helping FI yesterday. Oh well.

Anniversary

Re: How was your weekend?

• I'm sorry your FI got sick at the wedding, that sucks about the food. That's good though he is feeling better now.

Friday was good. FI cooked us a really nice dinner that included Kale salad and lots of veggies. I guess the only unhealthy part was the London broil but everything else was great! I did Insanity and I woke up actually feeling good, first time I wasn't sore after doing that.

Saturday FI had his semi-finals tennis match with Alta mixed doubles and they won so next weekend they are going to the City Finals which is South of ATL soo hopefully the traffic isn't bad next weekend since it's the last weekend before school gets started here. We were supposed to hit the lake after his match but it looked pretty nasty outside so we decided to stay in and clean his place and organize our goodwill pile. That night we had a date night and I had shrimp and grits (noms) and we saw The Wolverine which was great! I love X-men movies.

Sunday was pretty chill. It was @lmhollister bday and we got our nails done and went shopping and then we grilled out. FI and I didn't go to the Braves game because it was hot outside and it was an 8:30 game so we went to Walmart and went home and watched funny cat videos lol. We are so lame.
  • @Peaseblossom55 I'm sorry you had a bit of a cruddy experience food wise.

I'm gonna skip right to Sunday, since it was the highlight of the weekend. Bean had a horse show, and it could not have gone any better. He's been riding a different pony, Patriot, the last few weeks as our trainer wanted to try something new. This pony has really taken to Bean, and Bean really digs him. Anyhow, Bean has never shown at the canter...never been quite ready. Well these last few weeks he has developed such confidence with this pony that our trainer decided to have him show in not just the Walk/Trot classes, but the Walk/Trot/Canter class. AND HE WON IT! Omg you guys, I was in tears I was so proud. Ok, before I start crying again, here's a pic of Bean beaming.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 that is so incredibly exciting!!!!! yay bean!!!

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 Sorry about the wedding food.

@beanbot2002 Glad the horse show went so well! Congrats to Bean!

I said "screw it" to the pile o' knitting I outlined last Friday and worked on a new project for the show instead. They're little Christmas tree ornaments that look like partially-knitted sweaters. And they are going to be cute as all get-out. I've done the knitting on about 25 of them so far (they're like Pringles, I swear), and now I need to find the little wood beads to glue on the ends of the toothpicks so the toothpicks look like knitting needles. Plus I need to figure out how I'm going to wind and suspend the little yarn ball so it looks like you could just keep going on them.

Otherwise we saw my parents, brother, and brother's GF for lunch on Saturday. I went out with BF for lunch yesterday and had my first bloody mary. I do not recommend it. I got killer heartburn and I'm not sure whether there was like a habanero vodka in it or if I was at the mercy of a bartender who loved the pepper. Help for the uninitiated?

Also I started watching Breaking Bad which had better get compelling in the next 2 episodes or I'm deleting it from my queue. Horrible show. I'm bored to tears and I was sad when the main character didn't commit suicide-by-cop in the pilot.
  • @peaseblossom55, ugh, that sucks about the food.
    @beanbot2002, yay Bean! That is awesome!

This weekend was really good! Friday was the last day of clinical, which my whole group elected to skip, so I stayed home, did some cleaning up, and studied a little bit. Then I went over to BF's house where he made me some spaghetti and then we went to play with the barn cats and his horses. I have always been a little afraid of horses (hey, they are HUGE to someone who didn't grow up around them), but I am becoming very fond of them. He may convert me into a farm girl yet. :) And we just had a really good talk and finished planning our vacation for next week.

Saturday was my friend's bachelorette party - we basically spent the whole day wine-tasting. I have confirmed that I'm more of a beer girl myself, but I cannot even explain how awesome it was to just have a day out with some awesome ladies. Then I stopped back at BF's house around dinnertime for what was supposed to be a little while; ended up staying until 11.

Therefore, yesterday I was beat. I did more cleaning up around the house and studying, then I made some rice crispy chicken and a salad for my mom and BF. Then BF and I had a reading date, and I finally finished the book I'm reading, so I am now open to suggestions *hint hint*.

Then I had to get up at ass o'clock to baby-sit this morning. I love those girls, but oh my goodness, how do kids manage to be so awake at 5 am??? Anyway, I played with them and made them breakfast, then dropped them off at their daycare after it opened, and now I'm procrastinating studying for my final.
  • Saturday was spent relaxing in the morning, then Costco, movies, and boxing in the evening.

Sunday was church then home to clean the house. We probably should have done the last few wedding things but we opted to relax and do the little things this week .
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @beanbot2002 - I just teared up my desk. So proud of the bean and so happy for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• My weekend was awesome. BF and I left for our camping trip on Friday afternoon. And got the last open spot, which was a surprisingly good one and we were surprised it was open :) It was so nice to spend the whole weekend just with BF.

Saturday morning there were hummingbirds in our campground. Which most people would be happy about but I'm terrified of birds so when one flew by my head I accidentally threw half my coffee on BF and then burst into tears. But that was really the only little hiccup of the trip and BF and I laughed about it afterwards.

It rained the last night but not until late so it wasn't too bad. The drive back was pretty awful though because the storm was pretty bad and visibility wasn't great. 

• @beanbot2002 Bean looks so handsome! Congrats on his win! What an awesome job!

This weekend was good. Friday night we went to see The Conjuring. It was good except for the fact that there was a ton of commentary from someone in the audience which made the movie hilarious. After that we were going to go have a drink at the bar near my house but I left my ID at home :(

Saturday I sat around ALL FREAKING DAY waiting for my friend to come over and of course she flakes out (this is such a pattern). I laid out though and watched a few movies on my iPad and did some swimming. Saturday night we went to BF's mom's house then went to our friend's house to watch MMA. We made smores on their firepit and they were so good.

Sunday our friends came over with their kids for swimming. The pool was freezing since there was no sun, so they ended up going in the house and playing xbox while the adults all hung out in the dining room and drank. I then skyped with my mom who's somewhere in California and she said I looked like I was KTFU so that was an inspriation to really get my ass in shape.

I'm hoping this weekend ends up being a little bit better. I had a bit of a meltdown in front of BF Saturday afternoon when my friend flaked out. I felt like I was wasting my whole summer waiting on people, so he promised that we would do something fun this weekend. I don't know what he has planned though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Peaseblossom55 That's awful about the food! I'm so sorry :( That's so frustrating that the waiter was so uncooperative, given that there was a vegetarian option RIGHT there on the menu. I know I'm on the "suck it up" side of things in the "rude dinner option" thread, but when you have dietary restrictions, the venue is supposed to accommodate you. Ugh.

@southernpeach89 You are deeeeefinitely not lame. I won't say HOW much, but I can tell you that my partner and I watched some Star Trek this weekend.

@beanbot2002 !!! Congrats to Bean!! He looks so confident and proud in that photo :)

@Keptinstitches I have never had a bloody mary and now I definitely don't want to try one. I think I'll stick to mimosas as my brunch beverage of choice.

@Amapola14 I have no idea how young children can wake up so early, and to be honest, I am in denial that I EVER was like that (I'm sure I was, but it's hard to believe). I used to babysit for kids whose parents were very controlling about what activities we could do (i.e. TV was severely limited) so I'd come over at 6am and I'd have to, you know, be ALERT. Without coffee (didn't start drinking coffee till later in college). Yikes :(

My weekend was mostly boring. My partner and I had a HUUUUUGE fight over nothing on Friday night. We started couples therapy, mainly because our fights had been getting ridiculously awful, so we spent a lot of time on Friday night trying to talk things out and stay calm. Everything ended up fine--we talked everything out and made up ... but didn't realize that we'd been talking till 4am! That ended up screwing up our sleep schedule the whole weekend.

I slept in on Saturday and, instead of getting any work done on my proposal, I cleaned a little bit. When my partner got home, we finished watching season 2 of Veronica Mars. Sunday, my best friend came to visit, and we caught up on/finished Hell's Kitchen, and then watched the third Harry Potter movie. After she left, my partner and I continued to not get any work done, and just watched more TV. We had a ton of trouble sleeping, though; I think I got maybe 5 hours.

I am relieved that I was able to wake up before 10am, and now I'm focusing on working on my proposal so I have a finished draft for my boss tomorrow. We're going to be on vacation in 2 weeks, so this needs to be DONE by then!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @phira, ugh, I know, right? I have confirmation that I was never like that, thank God. My mom says that I was an excellent sleeper, and when I got tired or crabby or just needed to be alone, I would go into my room, shut the door, close the blinds and take my own damn nap, and apparently I did so quite often. I hope my kids come out like that, lol.

Also, sorry to hear about the fight over nothing - those are the worst :( And I feel like it's usually the staying-up-late aspect of them that makes them so bad - if they happened in the morning, they'd probably be so much easier to resolve.

Hope you can speed through your proposal, that sounds like a lot of work!
  • @Peaseblossom55 I'm sorry you had a bit of a cruddy experience food wise.

I'm gonna skip right to Sunday, since it was the highlight of the weekend. Bean had a horse show, and it could not have gone any better. He's been riding a different pony, Patriot, the last few weeks as our trainer wanted to try something new. This pony has really taken to Bean, and Bean really digs him. Anyhow, Bean has never shown at the canter...never been quite ready. Well these last few weeks he has developed such confidence with this pony that our trainer decided to have him show in not just the Walk/Trot classes, but the Walk/Trot/Canter class. AND HE WON IT! Omg you guys, I was in tears I was so proud. Ok, before I start crying again, here's a pic of Bean beaming.

I LOVE everything about this. Every. Single. Thing. Please give Bean a giant hug and Patriot (AWESOME name, btdubs) an extra pat from proud Auntie Bri :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Peaseblossom55 - Was this in NJ? I'm so curious to know what venue it was. 

@beanbot2002 - YAY BEAN!!!

@KeptInStitches - I LOVE bloody marys. If you don't like tomato juice and you don't like spicy then, no, they're definitely not for you. 

My weekend was good! On Friday, I drank a bit at home and caught up on my DVR while H was out. 

On saturday, I got up and made breakfast then H and I drove out to PA and I spent the afternoon with my cousin and my goddaughter who turned 1 month old yesterday! The baby is getting bigger and is trying SO hard to hold up her head already. I lover her so, so much and I was sad when I had to leave :(

Yesterday, I made breakfast and then H and I continued our Sopranos marathon (he's never seen it). We went to lunch and then food shopping and then I went home and made soup and mayonnaise and dressing and then later I made dinner. I felt like I spent the whole day in the kitchen but it was worth it! 

• @swazzle, I love tomato juice, but I wasn't anticipating that much spicy. Set the back of my throat on fire with the first sip. They might not be for me.
  • @swazzle, I just sent you a PM.  It was in NJ.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

This weekend was my birthday yayyy!!!

Saturday BF and I went to the lake with my mom and dad and youngest sis. @southernpeach89 and FI didn't go cause they are lamesauce (jk I really love you guys) and thought it was going to rain. Well it didn't rain at all so booyeah! We did some tubing and water skiing and swimming. BF tried water skiing for the first time ever and got up and stayed up after only 3 tries. Granted it only lasted a few seconds but I was still impressed. It took me forever to learn as a kid. Puppy got to experience the lake for the first time. She doesn't care for water she can't feel the bottom in but I think that's only because she is so small and felt imtimdated by all the boats and waves. She did amazing in the boat! She either sat quietly the whole time or napped. I need to take her out a few more times before winter comes so I can reinforce her good behavior. That evening I made dinner (Fettucine w/ Red Pepper Cayenne Sauce) while BF fixed our running toilet and then we hung out and chilled together. I really appreciate the quiet evenings with him because I don't feel like we get enough of them.

Sunday was my 26th birthday! YAY! BF was super nice and got up with the dog at 6 am that morning. I got to sleep in til 8 and woke up to a hot breakfast of coffee, grits, eggs, and toast. We spent the morning just hanging out and getting some random chores done. BF made some comments that made me feel BSC for a little while but I'm good now. He kept talking about finding time to do a "secret shopping trip" and things of that nature. I pointed out that we didn't need a ring to be engaged and he said "So if I asked you right now, would you say yes?" and I told him I would. Obviously he didn't ask or else I'd be AWing all over the place. I think he wants to do the "right" thing and have a ring in hand when he asks me.

Anyway, later I met my mom and @southernpeach89 and we got pedicures! I think it's been over a year since I last had one. We went shopping afterwards and I found my bridesmaid shoes for the wedding, a new squeaky shark toy for Cinders, and a rug for outside our shower. We had burgers and brats back at the house with the whole family and then we ate cake and I opened cards. Then me and BF and my dad and youngest sis all went to the Braves game. Even though our seats were outside there was a nice breeze for most of the game and we were located on the club level so we got to go inside an air conditioned hallway whenever we wanted a beer or snacks. The Braves played an awesome game and beat the Cards 4 to 2. It's their 8th series sweep this year!

The only downturn to the night was when we returned to my dad's SUV and discovered it had been broken into. Thankfully the thieves didn't break any windows..they just gouged the door a bit when they used a coat hanger to unlock the doors. Plus the only things they managed to steal were our old GPS unit and my dad's sunglasses. They left the $100 drill, the video player, the TV, the car registration, an airport parking lot credit card, change, everything else. We think they must have been interrupted and unable to perform a really good search of the car. Regardless, I'm just thankful the car wasn't majorly damaged, nobody was hurt, and we didn't lose anything of great value.

• @lmhollister, sounds like you had a good weekend overall! That sucks that your dad's car was broken into, but at least they didn't get anything good. I'd still cancel the credit card to be safe, though.
  • Despite my recent self-inflicted unemployment, I had an awesome weekend. Friday night, I told BF that I had to get drunk, so we went to a local pub and got some apps and drinks. I ended up eating more than drinking, but it was fun. Best of all, when talking about how I had just quit my job, BF told me that he has never been prouder of me. I actually teared up at that.

Saturday we drove out to Long Island and went to my grandpa's house and the beach. My mom met us there too. I loved just relaxing on a lounge chair, reading, and swimming in the ocean with BF. It was exactly what I needed. Saturday night we went on a double date with my ex-roommate. We recently reconnected after not speaking for 2 years, and it has been really nice to have her back in my life. Her new boyfriend seems like a good guy, and we all stayed out until almost 3am.

Yesterday I hung out with a friend, and she helped me completely revamp my resume. I feel a lot better about sending it out than I did about the old version, so that's good. Then, I made us a pizza and BF and I watched "Naked and Afraid" on Discovery channel. I also made chocolate chip cookies (with dark chocolate, YUM), and am trying not to eat the dough I saved for tonight....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 - Good for you for quitting what sounds like a terrible job!  I also watched "Naked and Afraid" yesterday...it was suprisingly addictive.
  • Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone had pretty good weekends. I'm finishing up my long bachelorette weekend poolside at the MGM Grand. This was a seriously amazing weekend here. After all my initial worries the whole weekend went better than I could've imagined.

With 20 girls out here there was still minor drama, but nothing like the initial planning drama. We ate at Mesa Grill Friday and danced like crazy women at Hakkasan that night. Saturday was spent in a cabana by the lazy river. We finished the night eating at China Poblano ( crazy good, small plates of Mexican and Chinese) and then got a table at Marquee to dance some more. Yesterday we wondered the strip, shopped, and found a promoter who got us free drinks and entry into Lavo so we could dance some more.

I'm so tired and can't wait to get home to FI. We haven't seen each other in 10 days because of our traveling. So excited to see him, but sad to leave bc it was so fun.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @suzie211 - That sound slike an amazing bachelorette weekend!  All I did for mine was hang out with my bridesmaids for a few hours for dinner/drinks.  I feel old.  :)
  • @minskat30 It's been awesome, but I can tell you I feel really old myself. 34 yr olds are not designed to play like this anymore! 4 of us will be TTC this fall so we used it as our last big hoorah for awhile.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @Suzie211 - I'm glad you had a good time!

• Everyone's weekends sound very nice and productive! My weekend still takes place in South Africa with my dad, so there's not much happening other than sitting around and watching TV.

Although, Sunday was BF's birthday! We weren't together, unfortunately, so I couldn't cook for him or take him out or anything. So I just tried to give him a happy birthday through mediums such as texting and Skype. I'll be bringing him some South African sugar snacks back, as he doesn't really drink wine. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. But he said that I'd made his birthday pretty special, so that was quite nice.

Other than that, weekend was pretty quiet. Not getting much sleep because of stress over school and such, but I'm muddling through it.

@suzie211 you sound like you had one hell of a time. That sounds pretty exciting. Glad you had fun. And besides, any girl, any age, is allowed to have fun. Being 34 isn't old. Trust me, you haven't descended into the realm of old fart just yet.
  • cu97tiger said:
    @beanbot2002 - I just teared up my desk. So proud of the bean and so happy for you!
    Ok I just teared up. I love how much you all love and support Bean. You have no idea what it does to me.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• BriSox81 said:

@Peaseblossom55 I'm sorry you had a bit of a cruddy experience food wise.

I LOVE everything about this. Every. Single. Thing. Please give Bean a giant hug and Patriot (AWESOME name, btdubs) an extra pat from proud Auntie Bri :) 
    I LOVE YOU! His show name is "Here's To You" he is so stinkin cute! But yes...Patriot might be rocking some NE gear on his stall for the stall decorating contest this Christmas. <3

• BriSox81 said:

@Peaseblossom55 I'm sorry you had a bit of a cruddy experience food wise.

I LOVE YOU! His show name is "Here's To You" he is so stinkin cute! But yes...Patriot might be rocking some NE gear on his stall for the stall decorating contest this Christmas. <3
    I have a gently used #81 jersey I could contribute. Oh, that's probably not okay for children, huh. DAMMIT. ;-)

You MUST send me pictures of his stall!! (And of Bean and his handsome pony in general, pretty please!) LOVE YOUUUU.

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards