Wedding Reception Forum

Organza overlays - how to transport wrinkle-free?

I found organza overlays early on that I absolutely just LOVE.  I can purchase and resell, so the expense isn't bad.  However, my venue charges $15 per table to setup if they arrive wrinkled, and we're going to be having 15 or so tables..so that adds up really fast.  I have no idea how to go about cleaning and pressing that many overlays, then transporting them from NH to ME without wrinkles.  Any thoughts??

Re: Organza overlays - how to transport wrinkle-free?

• JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
     That is definitely a steep fee per overlay! I'm not sure of a way to transport them without creating any wrinkles. Although, is there time, or any way of steaming/pressing them yourself once you get there? Time consuming & slightly inconvenient, yes, but you could save like $225+! 

Good luck! :)

*J
  • That's a good idea.  Our venue doesn't let us do any set up, but we will be staying nearby for several days before.  I wonder if we could steam them ourselves?  The overlays are pretty simple, plain organza for small tables - I can't imagine it would take too long (famous last words)??
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
     I don't see why you couldn't steam them yourselves! I doubt it would take 'that' long. If you have a couple of extra hands to help you, I think it would be fine! Worth a try if you're wanting to save some $ anyways! :)

Have fun! 

*J
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards