Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER: Dreams?

SMarie89SMarie89 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
So I am in the thick of planning my wedding and I keep having these awful dreams about things that go awry throughout the wedding. 

For example, the one I had last night was: In my dream, the wedding had happened the night before. I woke up the next morning (in my dream) and was happy with how perfectly the wedding and reception had gone. But in asking my family and friends, their comments were: 

"You got really drunk." 
"The DJ played the 'Kidz Bop' versions of every song." 
"My dinner was frozen solid." 
"You got really, REALLY drunk..."
"The photographer never showed." 
And then the final comment from my grandmother: "I could have done without all of the nudity from you and your groom." 

And then you wake up from your dream, and for a split second, you believe that all of that stuff actually happened. Ah! Terrifying... What are some of your worst wedding nightmares?

Edited for: formatting

Re: NER: Dreams?

• Haven't had any, but I love the comment from your grandmother.
  • Haha at the kidz bop version of every song!!

I had one a couple nights ago where I had to swim to the venue.
  • hahah the comments are funny. I generally notice I dream about what I was thinking about before bed, so maybe try to give yourself an hour or non-wedding stuff before bed? Works for me. 
  • I had a dream that as I was leaving our hotel to go to the venue (were getting married 5 hours from home) I realize instead of my wedding dress I brought a gray maxi dress. And then I get to the venue and find out my FI is still at home, 5 hours away. He's on the phone like "tell her not to worry, I'm leaving as soon as my shirt is done in the dryer"

More recently I had a dream that FI went out on a fishing trip the morning of the wedding with my dad and his GM wearing their clothes for the wedding,and they all show up covered in fish and stinking like bait.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I keep dreaming that I get pregnant before the wedding. I want to be pregnant someday, but not today and certainly not before I'm married. I am the most emotional person I know, so wedding planning on hormones + my normal emotions would be a nightmare! 
  • I'm sorry - I laughed really hard at the Kids Bop comment and grandmother's comment. Oh, the things our brains do to us when we're stressed. I also have had bizarre wedding nightmares that had me all riled up in the morning but now crack me up. I often have dreams about walking down the aisle to the song Only Time by Enya. I dreamt about it again last week.
  • I don't know why but my bad wedding dreams have all centered around not having my dress or my hair being messed up and things like that. Apparently I must be really worried about how I'm going to look on my wedding day.
  • edited July 2013
    @obxbride14
    More recently I had a dream that FI went out on a fishing trip the morning of the wedding with my dad and his GM wearing their clothes for the wedding,and they all show up covered in fish and stinking like bait.

This sounds like something my fl would actually do! Haha

Eta quote box all screwy sorry
  • @elizabetheleven that's the worst part! My FI and his brother and dad, and my dad and brothers all love fishing and have been talking about going fishing the day before the wedding since we're getting married in the outer banks. So I wake up in the morning panicked and angry with FI lol
  • I had a dream my husband was sensually massaging my bouquet and plucking petals and flowers out of it in a weird sexy horrifying way. I couldn't scream at him to stop. I was frozen holding my bouquet while he destroyed it very slowly.
  • @prettybirdy27 those all sound horrifying, but I couldn't help laughing. The one about your sister is my favorite.
  • @prettybirdy27, my personal favorite is the one about your venue requiring guests to sign up for a history club before using the restroom.
  • Totally had one the other night where we woke up the morning off and my FH told me he didn't feel like going so I let him stay home! I got to our venue and a large moving truck dropped off our cake topper while I was cursing out my FH on the phone. Hahaha. 
  • Once I had a dream that I didn't shave my underarms the day of the wedding and I was freaking out. I've also had a dream where the photographer didn't show up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The other night I had a dream that my FMIL got really drunk (which will definitely happen) and my mom lured her into a closet during the reception and locked her in for the rest of the night (which will probably not happen, but my mom would enjoy doing that, they can't stand each other). It made me laugh and when I told FI he said don't tell your mom, she might get ideas.
  • worst dream = my groom was replaced with someone else and for some reason I didn't notice (dreams are weird) until the marriage license was already signed. 

Terrible. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I have wedding related dreams every couple of days.

Recently, in one dream: I overslept for the wedding- waking up 20 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start, couldn't find my dress so I wore a different dress, it was raining so my hair was very frizzy and I had to do my makeup in the car on the way to the venue.

I've had dreams about awful food, no flowers, my dress doesn't fit, no one shows up, and more! I need to stop thinking about the wedding before bed.....
  • this happens to me all the time.  i always dream about stuff i'm spending a lot of time thinking about.  I had several wedding nightmares right when we started planning, but now that we have most of the heavy lifting done it happens a lot less frequently.  it's not just the wedding though.  for example, before ANY big vacation, i'll have dreams for MONTHS leading up to it about getting to the airport but forgetting my passport and missing the flight or something.  i think it's just my brain telling me to think about something else for a while!  and to be well prepared!
  • I dreamed that it was like 2 days before the wedding and we realized we'd never sent invites.  So we were scrambling trying to hand deliver them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards