Wedding Woes

::eyeroll:: I should have expected this

If you might recall, DH (and then me) got a lot of crap from DH's extended family because we didn't send his cousin a card for her HS graduation.

If you don't, here's my summary: cousin graduates HS in May. MIL mentions to DH he should send a card. DH says "sure". DH obviously doesn't do it. MIL apparently asks DH a few other times. DH obviously doesn't do it. DH's aunt then sends me Facebook messages about this and gives me a whole story about how cousin is really hurt that none of her cousins acknowledged this event, isn't looking for money, aunt is just looking out for her daughter, could he just even send a Facebook message to her? I tell aunt I'll talk to DH about this and that honestly, DH is forgetful and doesn't use Facebook. DH sends a card that night and puts $50 inside.

2 weeks later- no thank you. No acknowledgement that they received the card. Of course, our check has been cashed. I sent a message to aunt on Facebook asking if cousin received the card- nothing. Whatever. Protect your kid from the horrors of being disappointed by family, but teaching them manners is off the table.

Re: ::eyeroll:: I should have expected this

• I hate when people prove you right....it's disappointing to say the least.
  • man, i am so glad my extended family doesn't live in the same hemisphere.
  • PMeg819 said:
    If you might recall, DH (and then me) got a lot of crap from DH's extended family because we didn't send his cousin a card for her HS graduation.

If you don't, here's my summary: cousin graduates HS in May. MIL mentions to DH he should send a card. DH says "sure". DH obviously doesn't do it. MIL apparently asks DH a few other times. DH obviously doesn't do it. DH's aunt then sends me Facebook messages about this and gives me a whole story about how cousin is really hurt that none of her cousins acknowledged this event, isn't looking for money, aunt is just looking out for her daughter, could he just even send a Facebook message to her? I tell aunt I'll talk to DH about this and that honestly, DH is forgetful and doesn't use Facebook. DH sends a card that night and puts $50 inside.

2 weeks later- no thank you. No acknowledgement that they received the card. Of course, our check has been cashed. I sent a message to aunt on Facebook asking if cousin received the card- nothing. Whatever. Protect your kid from the horrors of being disappointed by family, but teaching them manners is off the table.

Riiiight.

How rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards