Wedding Party

Bridesmaids

Hello fellow brides! So my wedding is in 9 months and we have already selected our bridesmaids and groomsmen.  Now, my fiance tells me that he wants to add another groomsmen. I know another girl that I could ask to be my bridesmaid and honestly, I would have asked her had my fiance had another groomsmen to ask!! Do you think its too late to ask her?? What is the proper way to go about this?? Help!!

Re: Bridesmaids

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Your "sides" don't have to be even.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I don't think you or your fiance should ask anyone else. And you certainly don't need to ask a bridesmaid to "match" him.

The people will find out they weren't amongst the first round of bridesmaids/groomsmen asked. It may cause some hurt feelings.

The one exception is if you both asked your bridal party members within the last week.

• I think knowing the time frame is the most important to answer this question. If you just asked them in the last week or so, it could easily look like you were waiting to see her in person to ask. It took almost 3 weeks for me to ask everyone because I wanted to meet in person.

Anniversary
  • yeah - thats what i was thinking! I asked all my girls awhile ago and I have talked to this other one about all of the wedding stuff so much too...so that doesn't help! 

Yeah i know we dont have to even sides....but I am a little OCD and I hate unevenness!!! :) 
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

I asked my girls (4) when we got engaged and my fiancé asked his guys (4) at the time too.  Fast forward 4 months and he's realizing just how much time he spends with this other friend he didn't ask so I posted about it on here and they said to go ahead and ask...and he did.  I'm not adding another girl because, as everyone knows, sides don't have to be even.

And I'm all about symmetry and even everything...and while I like the "look" of even sides, I'm not going to do that to my friendships. It's just not right. I'm sure she knows you already selected your girls so choosing her now would be very weird.

• @aprieto01, when you look back on your wedding day and look at your pictures, will you be looking at the faces of your friends and family, standing with you and your husband, or will you be counting people on each side to make sure that both sides have the same number?
  • I have decided that it is best not to ask her. Thank you everyone for your great advice!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards