Wedding Etiquette Forum

Second wedding?

2»

Re: Second wedding?

• Whoever flagged me, put on your fucking big girl pants and read the TOS. Fuck is not against TOS.
    @KnotPorscha?

Anniversary

• OP, what gets everyone here as that so many wives come here and claim their circumstances were special or different or hard and they feel they are entitled to a big traditional wedding. They aren't. No one is. But everyone (almost everyone) has the right to be married. You had a wedding and chose to forgo the traditional wedding route, that's an adult choice to make and you married the love of your life.

I think its awesome that you're taking advice so maturely. There is nothing wrong with having a vow renewal but even then I'd skip the bridal parties, firsts, pre wedding parties, etc. I'd probably go with a simpler wedding dress too. I don't see the issuing with renewing vows after one comes back from war if its done in the proper manner. Otherwise, skip the renewal and throw a huge party and celebrate the fact that you're married and back together in one place. Nothing wrong with that!

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Woohoo! Yay, OP for being cool about getting real answers. Stick around, I've learned SO much from the women around here. 
  • Seriously, you should throw the most awesome party you've ever thrown. You have two things to celebrate - you're married and your husband came home safely from the war. Those are definitely things to celebrate, you know?  I wouldn't wear a wedding dress, but you can get a fantastic outfit that makes you feel gorgeous.  You could have a formal dinner with dancing, or a barbecue, or anything in between. Whatever kind of thing you and your guests like.  Hire a band or DJ, get your favorite foods, get a fantastic cake that isn't decorated totally wedding-y, and just celebrate with everyone. Any of us here would totally love to attend something like that.
  • You should post this on the Special Topic board called "Military Brides":

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards