Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation wording for rustic park wedding.

I have a question about writing time: I will be married in a park. While we get the space at 11 am, I want to be married at noon. I have read that you do not put the time unless it is precise. Personally, I would put "precisely at noon", however FH's side of the family is pretty PC and probably wouldn't like that I would write something informal.
Pretty much what I'm asking is can I put "precisely at noon", leave it to "at noon", or do you have another suggestion??

Would it be proper to say:
 [forensicgirla & FH]

request the honor of your presence
at their wedding

Friday, August twenty-second
at noon

[Park]
[City]

Reception immediately following ceremony
at [our alma mater College]

Re: Invitation wording for rustic park wedding.

• Leave it at noon. I am always 20 minutes early and would be rubbed the wrong way by the 'precisely.' Have FI tell his parents that it will start on time and for them to be prepared. 
  • Also "the honor of your presence" is only used if you are getting married in a church. If it's not a church I think the wording is more along the lines of "the pleasure of your company is requested at"
  • I was under the impression that "honor of your presence" was more formal than "pleasure of your company", not to imply our religious affiliation. I could be wrong...any second opinions?
  • Do not say precisely. And do not say Noon. You would have no idea how many people do not understand that Noon = 12:00 PM. Say "twelve o'clock in the afternoon".
  • Also "the honor of your presence" is only used if you are getting married in a church. If it's not a church I think the wording is more along the lines of "the pleasure of your company is requested at"
    This is correct. But honestly, I think it's a victim-less crime. I would write it however you like, however, rustic in a park doesn't scream formal to me. 
  • I removed the alma mater information to not disclose the location online. I did put twelve o'clock, noon. Thank you and good point on placing the "request your honor" before our names, I took that advice as well.

Well, I finished my order; now to wait for delivery! :)
  • I removed the alma mater information to not disclose the location online. I did put twelve o'clock, noon. Thank you and good point on placing the "request your honor" before our names, I took that advice as well.

Well, I finished my order; now to wait for delivery!
    :)

People may think you are having a church wedding now. The phrase "Requests the honor of your presence" is used to indicate you are having a wedding mass. It has nothing to do with how formal a wedding is, as another poster suggested.

I would change your invitation order to "requests the pleasure of your company" if you can.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Honour of your presence is for weddings in a church and pleasure of your company is for non-religious venues. You can cross check that on Emily Post, here, Martha Stewart or anywhere else. These aren't your only two options though - google "wedding invitation wording" and you'll get a bunch of alternatives.

As for the time, if you want to be PC, put twelve o'clock in the afternoon - "noon" is ok if the whole thing is pretty informal but it sounds like you're trying to make your invitations sound fancier.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards