African American Weddings

Trying on dresses this weekend!

I am so NERVOUS and I have no idea why. Any tips or recommendations from you ladies out there? 

Re: Trying on dresses this weekend!

• Have fun and enjoy the moment!! Wear something similar that you may wear on you wedding day (underwear) and take your heels (if you have them) or something close to the height to give you a vision of what it will look like and take lots of pics...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• How exciting!  I went during the week though.. I get stressed out very easily and couldn't bear the thought of a crowded salon on a weekend.  However comma the experience will be what you make it.  Have an open mind!  My dress chose me!  I was dead set against an A-line or a big poofy dress.  Guess what I ended up getting.............LOL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Enjoy the moment and (please) TRY to stay within your budget! lol I tried on a dress that was over my budget and now I can't stop thinking about it. I went and tried on other dress, but they can't compare.  With that being said... I'll probably go back and get it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Definitely take pics when u can.. sneek when u have to.. make sure you can walk and SIT in the dress.. get an idea of how you look sitting in the dress..

Take water.. it gets HOTTTT..

Have an open mind.. but dont try to please everybody. . Its ultimately comes down to what you feel. .

its your day.. REGRET NOTHING..

plus all the above suggestions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of what these ladies said. Definitely have a open mind and dont be surprised if you leave with something that you never woulda thought you would like
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    nursing2u said:
    Definitely take pics when u can.. sneek when u have to.. make sure you can walk and SIT in the dress.. get an idea of how you look sitting in the dress.. Take water.. it gets HOTTTT.. Have an open mind.. but dont try to please everybody. . Its ultimately comes down to what you feel. . its your day.. REGRET NOTHING.. plus all the above suggestions
    this.. and keep an open mind and dont rush the feeling you will know.. bc just like my date twin @missusd1116 said..because like her I said I wanted no lace and no heavy beading.. and thats excatly what I got..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Thanks ladies! I am going to try and keep an open mind. Lets hope I find something :-)

• I agree my dress chose me because I wanted a halter, no sparkles and no train. Lol. I think the best advice I would have is to tell them what you like and don't like about each dress you try on so they can get an idea of what dresses to pick for you. And I would take only one person with you because too many opinions could make it harder to chose.

How exciting!  I went during the week though.. I get stressed out very easily and couldn't bear the thought of a crowded salon on a weekend.  However comma the experience will be what you make it.  Have an open mind!  My dress chose me!  I was dead set against an A-line or a big poofy dress.  Guess what I ended up getting.............LOL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards