July 2014 Weddings

HE PROPOSED!!! (Finally)

Hi knotties! I just wanted to share my proposal story because (let's be honest) I love telling it :) My fiance and I are high school sweethearts and we have been dating since our sophomore year of high school. We booked our venue back in February because we didn't want to risk losing it if we waited to book when we were engaged.

He proposed to me at Disneyland last Saturday (the 13th). He led me to Snow White's wishing well next to Sleeping Beauty's castle, gave me a quarter, and told me to close my eyes and make a wish. When I opened my eyes, he was on one knee! He told me that he wanted to make me feel like a princess for the rest of my life and asked me to marry him. Ahhhhh!

Now it's time for the real fun to begin! We have our date (July 11, 2014!), venue (a renovated barn) and colors (turquoise and yellow). I'm going dress shopping on the 19th. :)

How did your man propose? How far are all of you in your planning?!

Re: HE PROPOSED!!! (Finally)

• Congratulations!

• WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Congratulations on your engagement!

We also started planning before I had a ring--we found a venue we loved and didn't want to risk losing the date (7/4/14)  We booked the venue and the photographer, and told our families what we were planning.  My fiance proposed on St. Patrick's Day, and we've been planning even more ever since :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First off congrats !!!! how exciting - love how he proposed sooo sweet.
    My FI and I have been engaged since december, and our wedding date is July 19. So far we only have venue, DJ, my dress, and bridesmaid dresses.
  • Congratulations!  What a wonderfully sweet story!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards