Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding dress too plain??

Hi Everyone!
  I recently bought my wedding dress. However, I'm having some second thoughts. I feel like it may be too plain and isn't very flattering. Granted, it hasn't been altered or anything yet but the sales associate said I don't need any alterations. I'm not sure how to accessorize.  Any thoughts? Thank you :)

Best Answers

Re: Wedding dress too plain??

• I think a beaded sash would look great and make it a whole new dress.  I did that with the dress I purchased.  I felt it was too plain and my sales consultant grabbed a sash and I loved it.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's pretty on you! Though I do think it looks a little big in the chest. Also, a belt or brooch would go a long way. 
  • Pretty much what everyone else says, a sash or brooch will add more oomph to it. The nice thing with understated dresses is you can go balls to the wall with accessories. A statement necklace, big earrings or bright, bold shoes could liven it up as well. 

Anniversary
  • It's gorgeous but I think it needs to be a little more fitted around your waist.   And maybe a sash would add some sparkle.  You can also bling it up with some sparkly jewelry.

It's a lovely choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is plain as well, just a little puffier than yours.
    A complicated and a little exaggerated veils will be a perfect match. 
    Here is mine.
    :image

• Thank you all so much for the input!
  • broach or sash for sure!!! It will help give it that little extra :)

I also think you should take it in for a few minor alterations. A little better fiting would go a long way!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards