August 2013 Weddings

Wedding dress press

I got my wedding dress altered but my alteration place didn't press it! So it's all wrinkled now :/ where can I go get it pressed?

Re: Wedding dress press

• Try your local board. But many dry cleaners as well as bridal boutiques offer this service.
  • I bought the "Shark Press and Refresh" Garment steamer from Kohls. My thought was I should have a steamer handy for the bridesmaids dresses the day of and I had some Kohls cash to burn... However, since it has a dedicates tool, I also used it on my dress and it worked great! My dress has multiple layers of organza on the bottom and it had no problem making everything look perfect. 
  • The shop where I purchased my dress offers a press before the wedding so I'll be dropping it off the week before the wedding.  If you purchased from a bridal boutique ask them if they offer this.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lisabeats said:
    Try your local board. But many dry cleaners as well as bridal boutiques offer this service.
    I did try my local board 1st and no reply :/  I tried the place I bought the dress from and they want $85, to me it's expensive I might as well be getting extra alterations. I will defiantly try the dry cleaners.
  • I bought the "Shark Press and Refresh" Garment steamer from Kohls. My thought was I should have a steamer handy for the bridesmaids dresses the day of and I had some Kohls cash to burn... However, since it has a dedicates tool, I also used it on my dress and it worked great! My dress has multiple layers of organza on the bottom and it had no problem making everything look perfect.

Great idea my mom does have a steamer just didn't think it would do the job!

• The shop where I purchased my dress offers a press before the wedding so I'll be dropping it off the week before the wedding.  If you purchased from a bridal boutique ask them if they offer this.

Yeah the place where I got it wants to charge too much. Hopefully I can shop around to see if i can do it somewhere else.

• Thank you ladies for all the ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards