Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVPs and postage

We are getting ready to send out our invitations and I was wondering if it is general practice to stamp the RSVP envelope?  I just hate the idea of spending extra money for postage?  I know it may be best since people these days tend to not have stamps, but we also gave people the option to RSVP online. 

Re: RSVPs and postage

• We are getting ready to send out our invitations and I was wondering if it is general practice to stamp the RSVP envelope?  I just hate the idea of spending extra money for postage?  I know it may be best since people these days tend to not have stamps, but we also gave people the option to RSVP online. 

I made this mistake. Do stamp your envelopes. We didn't and I didn't consult TK first, which I should. However, our friends and family were gracious and mailed them back anyways, or gave it to us when they saw us.
  • We've had one online RSVP from the save the date.  I guess it was just wishful thinking that everyone else would too, lol.  I'll go ahead and put the stamps on. Thank you for responding!

• Just another thing: If you get the physical cards back for RSVPs, you'll have a record of how each person responded in your hands if you ever have questions (did they want chicken or beef? etc)

Thank you. I didn't even think about it like that.   My brain is so fried right now I don't know what to do anymore. lol

• Yes, put stamps on them. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Another vote for putting the stamps on!
  • Stamp them.
  • Yes, stamp them.  And also, unless you are personally putting each guest's name on the RSVP card, I would number them and note who gets which number on your guest list.  

We used a black ultra fine sharpie to number ours where the stamp goes, then put the stamp over it.  You couldn't see it except when you held it up to the light, so it didn't look crappy, but we could still figure out who had sent the reply when they forgot to fill in their name or the handwriting was too bad/smeared to read.
    I second the numbering.  We numbered each lightly in pencil on the backside.  This way if the guest forgot to write their name in, we still knew who the response belonged to.
  • We put stamps on ours. Since most people pay their bills online now, a lot of people don't have stamps at home. Putting a stamp on it helps to insure that you get the response back in a timely manner.

One other thing I did to help me & the guests, the template I used allow me to put a return address on the RSVP envelope so I took the extra time & put each persons return address info on the envelope for them. It was good I did because one guest did forget to put their name on their RSVP card.

• Thank you for the suggestion on the numbers!  I've already had one come back w/o the name so I was able to go to my handy excel spreadsheet and mark down who it was. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards