Flowers

Peony Help

I'm getting married in October and I love the peonies as a flower for my bouquet but my florist said they aren't available that time of the year my heart sank when she told me that even though I kinda knew when I told her but I was hoping there was a small chance she could get them. Do any of you know of similar fall flowers to a peony? I heard garden roses are but my florist told me the fall apart easily :(

I was on a wholesaler website and it has different type of peonies in October. Have any of you heard of this? Please help me!!!

image 125 Invited So Far
image 26 Are Ready To Party!
image 0 Will Be Missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Peony Help

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You should be able to get peonies shipped from New Zealand for an October wedding.  
  • I'm getting married in October and I love the peonies as a flower for my bouquet but my florist said they aren't available that time of the year my heart sank when she told me that even though I kinda knew when I told her but I was hoping there was a small chance she could get them. Do any of you know of similar fall flowers to a peony? I heard garden roses are but my florist told me the fall apart easily :( I was on a wholesaler website and it has different type of peonies in October. Have any of you heard of this? Please help me!!!
    I would ask your florist for similar flowers to peonies. During our florist meetings, they always had a giant flower book out for reference.
  • ask for david austin cottage roses... just as nice and smell even better

• I am getting married in October as well and are having the same challenge. My florist told me that there is a slight possibility that she can get them in from New Zealand, but it would be the very beginning of their peony season. This means there is a strong chance that they will still be small. In my opinion, this kind of defeats the purpose of using peonies. She suggested garden roses, or a combination of smaller peonies with garden roses. I asked about their durability as she basically said that if the florist is properly caring for them, they will not fall apart. 

You can also consider having your florist take regular roses and man-make them to look like peonies. She is doing this with our bout's since i wanted ranunculous, which is also out of season
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards