Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding- Punta Cana, DR- RIU Naiboa

Hi guys, so I think my fiance and I finally found a great destination wedding location. We really like Punta Cana! Just a few questions & insight?

• When should I send the save-the-dates if we are looking at next summer? I'm thinking no later than Sept 2013.
  • Has anyone had a wedding or been to RIU Naiboa?
  • Reception I was thinking beach party at the hotel since it's all inclusive? (tacky or not)
  • Any other tips are helpful!!!

I'm new to this so all is helpful!!

Re: Destination Wedding- Punta Cana, DR- RIU Naiboa

• Welcome and congratulations!  We sent our save the dates one year in advance, but told people by word of mouth before that.  I think you are okay with sending the STDs no later than Sept for a wedding next summer.

Never been to your resort, sorry!

Beach party sounds fun, but I would probably go for something a bit more special since the guests are flying all that way.  Maybe in addition to the wedding day (ceremony/reception) depending on your budget you can plan and pay for an excursion on one day; host a welcome and/or farewell lunch or dinner?  That's just off the top of my head.  We hosted a private dinner reception with DJ and open bar, and had to pay extra, but to us it was worth the money (even though our resort was also all inclusive, there was an additional cost for food/drink for a "private" event) to have something a bit more special.  I think if we didn't do that, we would have definitely added something to the wedding "weekend" activities.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks weve changed our minds AGAIN and decided on a cruise. Feel free to post on my Bahamas post! Very much appreciated for your help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards