Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Vitamix vs. the Ninja

Hi all,

I know someone posted below and blenders, but I was hoping to get some more focused opinions on the vitamix vs. the Ninja.

Do you have one and if so, are you happy with the one you got?  The Vitamix is obviously much more expensive and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it compared to the Ninja..

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vitamix vs. the Ninja

• Options
    I LOVE my Vitamix!  I can't speak to the Ninja, but I've seen the commercials and it honestly looks too good to be true.  The Vitamix lasts forever--my mom bought one when I was in 4th or 5th grade, and she still uses it (I'm 28 now).  Needless to say, we're very happy with our Vitamix, you just have to get used to the ratios of solids to liquids, etc. to put in it so that it comes out right.
  • Options
    We have a Ninja and it does its job well.  I think its a good value for the price.  I just couldn't justify the price of the vitamix for how little we use it.  My mom has a vitamix and she said she couldn't live without it though...it is quite impressive.  I'm not sure my ninja could puree things quite the same...  
  • Options
    I told FI that he had better be making smoothes every day for the rest of his life after I purchased the Vitamix :)
  • Options
    My mom has had a Vitamix for at least 10 years, and she loves it more than anything ever. She uses it at least once a day. Personally, when I've gone to her house to use it I find it annoying and bulky to use, so IDK. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I have the Ninja and LOVE it. I made soft serve ice cream in it the other night then made the creamyest mashed potatoes I have ever eaten. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Ninja
  • Options
    We have the ninja and I could (but wont) go on for days about how much I love it!! I had never even heard of it before we got it as a Christmas Gift 3 years ago, honestly I bet we have used it at AT LEAST once a day every day!! I just made a batch of Breakfast burritos to freeze, so I had to scramble 20 eggs, in the Ninja they went!!!
  • Options
    I've never used the Vitamix, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ninja.  I make a smoothie every single morning using frozen fruit and ice.  The Ninja blends it all up like it's nothing.  I'm sure the Vitamix is great too, but the Ninja is amazing and it's cheaper :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got the Ninja as a bridal shower gift and i have to say I am sort of dissapointed in it.  Our cheap Black and Decker blender does a better job at making margaritas! The Ninja pushes everything to the sides and I am constantly having to open the lid and stir everthing up to blend again. I've tried several recipes in the book it came with and I am not impressed at all. Nothing I've made in the Ninja has come out right. Even smoothies are just okay. All the frozen drinks I've made have huge ice chunks in it even after blending for long periods of time. I've never used the Vitamix though, so I can't compare. I can just tell you that the Ninja definitely did not meet my expectations.
  • Options
    Wow the Ninja actually sounds great-I'd love to put them side by side (not like the commercial but me personally).  I wonder if BBB would let you try both or something...would be an interesting sales mechanism.
  • Options
    I will say that I think it's not an apples to apples comparison.  I have heard nothing but rave reviews for the Ninja, but I think the vitamix is a whole different animal in terms of capacity etc.  We are registering for a Ninja, because I don't think we'll make enough use of the Vitamix for it to really be worth it.   If we are talking about a registry, don't censor yourselves.  If a vitamix is what you really want, then go for it!  We registered for some things that I NEVER thought we'd get, and have (aka a $300+ set of Le Creuset pans and baking ware).   This is an opportunity to fill your home with the things you really want (especially if you will use them and would rather not buy them on your own).  Plus, in my opinion, a Vitamix is SO worth the investment and a great option for folks to pool together on for a gift.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_vitamix-vs-the-ninja?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f0c075a9-66da-40cc-bed4-75421d64adc1Post:a33ee5e2-7d2d-49bf-bc0a-e3c8b4dbc40d">Re: Vitamix vs. the Ninja</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow the Ninja actually sounds great-I'd love to put them side by side (not like the commercial but me personally). <strong> I wonder if BBB would let you try both or something...would be an interesting sales mechanism.</strong>
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

BBB has the best return policy ever.  They'll let you take back anything, any time.  You could probably buy both, and take back whichever one you don't want. 
    H and I had a heck of a time trying to find a garbage can that was dog-proof.  We would buy one, it didn't work, and we'd take it back to BBB and they'd return it, no questions asked.  We did this about 3 times until we finally found one we liked.  One of the ones we returned actually had marks on it from where our dog chewed it, and they still took it back.  They say if you're not 100% satisfied, you can bring it back no matter what. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my ninja! For smoothies I really like the small cups though that look like the bullet. They just blend the smaller ammounts better. 
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards