Attire & Accessories Forum

Struggling with Guestbook

I'm trying to think of something creative to do with the guestbook. I'm really not a fan of the list your name and address kind of thing. It just seems like a record for sending thank you cards, is really impersonal, and I'll probably just throw it away later. A name and address isn't a great way to bring up memories, you know?

I did some looking around on line and found "guestbooks" where you have a plate or poster or other keepsake for guests to sign that you can display later. But I have the same issue with that as I do the normal book. It's just a list of names that's going to do nothing for me later.

I did come across a great idea where you have a notebook of blank paper and a Polaroid camera. Guests can take pictures of themselves having fun at the party, put it in the book, and then write something. That sound much more valuable and like something I could treasure over the years.

I was wondering what other ideas people might have.

Re: Struggling with Guestbook

• I'm trying to think of something creative to do with the guestbook. I'm really not a fan of the list your name and address kind of thing. It just seems like a record for sending thank you cards, is really impersonal, and I'll probably just throw it away later. A name and address isn't a great way to bring up memories, you know?

I did some looking around on line and found "guestbooks" where you have a plate or poster or other keepsake for guests to sign that you can display later. But I have the same issue with that as I do the normal book. It's just a list of names that's going to do nothing for me later.

I did come across a great idea where you have a notebook of blank paper and a Polaroid camera. Guests can take pictures of themselves having fun at the party, put it in the book, and then write something. That sound much more valuable and like something I could treasure over the years.

I was wondering what other ideas people might have.
    Post this in receptions or something. We did a photobooth guest book. It was a huge hit. We got a photobooth that printed out photo strips and then they would put one strip in guest book and sign. The photo guest book has been the best result out of all our wedding stuff. We definitely sat down the next day and got a good laugh. We also got copies of all the photos too.
  • heidirs731heidirs731 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking wedding "accessories," but you are right. Attire isn't exactly the right place...

and thank you, huynhettet, the photo booth idea sounds awesome.
  • Regardless of where you posted this.lol..look on Pinterest! I've been all over it and people have some really interesting ideas when it comes to thinking outside the box for things like guest books.
  • We did guest book pages and set them on each table. They had little prompts such as "marriage advice" "how to keep our girl happy" (opposite for his family) "my favorite part of marriage is". I did it on photoshop and made cute little boxes. We had one on the bottom that said "predictions : date of first child, number of children". Then I assembled then into a scrap book to be kept with our wedding album.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards