Registry and Gift Forum

Not really sure what to ask for

Hey Brides, My fiance and I, don't have a place of our own yet, and plan on staying with my family for a couple of years to save for a down payment for our future home! So with registry in mind... what do I ask for what Im not 100% sure what im going to want/need in my future home.

Re: Not really sure what to ask for

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hey Brides, My fiance and I, don't have a place of our own yet, and plan on staying with my family for a couple of years to save for a down payment for our future home! So with registry in mind... what do I ask for what Im not 100% sure what im going to want/need in my future home.

Things that can stay in their boxes or pack easily that you will ALWAYS need.

Sets of different sizes and shapes of glasses (beer glasses, red/white wine glasses, champagne glasses, tumblers, highballs, water glasses, coffee/tea mugs)

Entertaining/serving pieces (dessert platters, chip & dip sets, appetizer sets, pitchers)

Food storage sets (Pyrex, Rubbermaid, etc)

Towels

Any of your basic kitchen appliances that you don't already have (blender, Keurig/coffee pot, toaster oven, food processor, mixers)

• Ditto on PP. I would definitely still register for items that you will need/like to have but would be difficult to buy later on or what not. 

Fine/Casual china 
    Serving pieces
    Kitchen Appliances 

Vacuums, table linens, etc., are things that are a little easier to buy later on. Pots and pans would be nice too but sometimes your parents/family will pitch in and buy you that for a house warming gift. That's what they did with my cousin. 

Basically things that you definitely need or things you'd like to have and probably wouldn't spend the money on yourself.. 

• I would definitely register for a good set of stainless steel pots and pans.  You WILL use them in the future, and until then, you can just keep them in their box.  I'd also think about some dishes.

Maybe some bed linens that you can use now?  Towels?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Hey Brides, My fiance and I, don't have a place of our own yet, and plan on staying with my family for a couple of years to save for a down payment for our future home! So with registry in mind... what do I ask for what Im not 100% sure what im going to want/need in my future home.
    There are some things everyone needs, that are easy to store in the meantime, like sheets and towels. Things that come boxed are easy to stack and shove into a corner until you get to your new place.
    You can also start upgrading. Like that ugly lamp next your bed? You can register for a new one. Maybe some new fluffy pillows? Or even a throw blanket and some picture frames or something. Things that could easily be used in your new home, too, regardless of the decor concept.
  • Vacuum cleaner, Bed set, towels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we were in the same boat, so while its fun to get the gifts, not going to lie I am bummed I can't use all of them yet!  BUT, It's nice to know that when we move in a few months we will have all of these things already.  We opted to pretty much just put everything in storage for now so when we moved it would be fun to set it all up. Majority of the stuff was easy to put in storage (dishes, china,  silverware, glassware, small appliances, bedding items, towels, etc (we bought big tupperware bins for the bedding and things like that). After the wedding, we did set up our Keurig so we had something new to use (and its an item we did not mind others in the house using)  and used our new luggage. Everything else is in storage.

Do not limit yourself just because you cannot use it yet--one day you will need it so its totally fine to use storage until that day comes.    

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards