Rhode Island

Westerly, RI Beach Ceremony and close by reception?

Hello!  Been engaged for all of 6 days and am already planning :)  My ideal spot would be ceremony on the beach in Westerly and reception close by.  Will be between 120-150 guests. Anyone with suggestions would be very helpful!  We have  summer home in Westerly and I have always seen it as the ideal place for my wedding.  Currently considering the following:
Westerly Yacht Club
Shelter Harbot Inn (in a tent outside)
Weekapaug Inn (Concerned it will be pricey, as it looks like new mgmt is the same as ocean house in watch hill...)

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!  I am totally up for out of the box suggestions also, would rather not have the typical wedding reception location.

Thank you!!

Re: Westerly, RI Beach Ceremony and close by reception?

• Jessie42613Jessie42613 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    Ooh you are close by me!  I live in Stonington.

Have you considered Stonington Meadows or Salt Water Farm Vineyard in Stonington?  They're only about 15 minutes from Westerly.  I've gone to 2 weddings at Stonington Meadows and both of them were incredible.  The food is amazing.

Out of your venues listed, I've attended a lot of parties and one wedding at the WYC.  The space is ok but it feels super crowded when there's 100+ people.  I think you also have to bring in your own catering at WYC.  The wedding I went to had McQuades do it, and it was surprisingly REALLY good.

Hope this helps :)
  • Your list is a pretty good start. There is also the Haverhsam that recently opened, my family really loves the food and the pricing is reasonable. Venice I think can do weddings as well. You could also look at the Andrea or Paddy's if you wanted more casual.
  • Al's as pp said, going into CT will get you many more options. There is also Jonathan Edward's, Saltwater is beautiful but pricey just to warn you. Even going to Mystic is not far and will give you many more options. We are having our ceremony in Westerly with reception in CT since options werelimited.
  • Al's as pp said, going into CT will get you many more options. There is also Jonathan Edward's, Saltwater is beautiful but pricey just to warn you. Even going to Mystic is not far and will give you many more options. We are having our ceremony in Westerly with reception in CT since options were limited.
  • Thanks for responding so quickly, didn't realize what a huge help this website could be!  I will have to look into some of those locations in CT, as it does seem options are limited in Westerly.  Good to hear feedback on the Yacht club too.

RIFallBride- where/how are you doing your ceremony in Westerly?  Are you having it on the beach?  If so, just wondering how easy it was to plan the ceremony on the beach with seating, music, permission from the town, etc etc
  • We are doing it in a church since I am too nervous to do a beach ceremony, I wanted an indoor space so I didn't have to worry about weather.
  • Amalfi of Westerly (formerly the Chester House) is nice. Venice or Watch Hill Yacht club too.
    Anniversary
  • Do you need to be a member for Watch Hill Yacht Club?

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_westerly-ri-beach-ceremony-and-close-by-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:4804766c-a007-4fdd-96e6-584bd41174e2Post:d0891446-5d4d-417a-b299-a0372322c695">Re: Westerly, RI Beach Ceremony and close by reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amalfi of Westerly (formerly the Chester House) is nice. Venice or Watch Hill Yacht club too.
    Posted by chantz2387[/QUOTE]
  • Watch Hill Yacht club is rather small and I am pretty sure they only host member events. Westerly Yacht Club is larger and may be open to the public. Good luck!
  • Have you found a location for your wedding yet? I am also curious about booking The Andrea because I would like a beach wedding that is "close by" but also affordable since we will be paying for most of it ourselves.  And I agree, Saltwater is a wonderful venue but very pricey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards