Chit Chat

Parasols for Bridesmaids?

Do you think parasols are a dumb idea to incorporate into a wedding? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Parasols for Bridesmaids?

• I would probably laugh if I saw them.  Just being honest.  That would seem very gimmicky to me, even if it kind of fit the wedding.  I think it just sounds like too much.
  • Yes, it's a dumb idea.
    imageimage
  • lol. that's what I thought. bwahhaahaaa. FMIL wants me to have parasols AND Hats! Too over the top! She wants hats while they walk down the aisle. And parasols instead of bouquets.......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_parasols-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:dd401f15-fa45-47d4-a8d0-af051ab31f3bPost:be08eaac-37ad-408c-a278-fdcb26cef7a0">Re: Parasols for Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol. that's what I thought. bwahhaahaaa. FMIL wants me to have parasols AND Hats! Too over the top! She wants hats while they walk down the aisle. And parasols instead of bouquets.......
    Posted by ChanelShades[/QUOTE]

FMIL sounds interesting   :)
    imageimage
  • My best friend ended up walking down the aisle with a parasol.  Her bridal bouquet was never delivered :(  She didn't have any bridesmaids, so it was only her with the parasol.  I don't think it looked cheesy at all, but that's just me.  Her wedding was in Hawaii, so the parasol actually saved her from a sun burn.

Maybe you can compromise and use the parasols for pictures?

As for hats, maybe you can incorporate those into your bridal shower?  Wearing fun hats at showers is pretty common in my area.

Photobucket
  • That's a good idea Nilla.....I think I will do that so it doesn't appear like I shot her idea down. Thanks!
  • I like parasols, though I don't think they work if they're carrying anything else as well.  They're especially great for outdoor weddings because they're nice and practical.  I think hats with parasols would definitely be overkill, though.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I've seen them used in "themed" weddings (think: Gone with the Wind) but never in a serious setting.  I'd opt for something different (maybe arm bouquets or just wrist corsages) if you're trying to do something different.
    })i({ })i({ Wedding Countdown Ticker September 3, 2011
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_parasols-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:dd401f15-fa45-47d4-a8d0-af051ab31f3bPost:a5647806-e807-4fe4-bec4-b9633994c647">Re: Parasols for Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a good idea Nilla.....I think I will do that so it doesn't appear like I shot her idea down. Thanks!
    Posted by ChanelShades[/QUOTE]

<div>You're welcome!  I'm sure she will appreciate that you are using her ideas :) </div>
    Photobucket
  • I have a friend who used them and now luaghs at how ridicoulous they look in her pictures (about 10 years later).  And she is right - they do look ridculous in her pictures.  She loved them then and wished she had not done them now.  they dated her pictures tremendously.  Oh - and they wore big hats too.  To each his own but think about your pictures and if you will want them in 10, 20 or 30 years from now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom wore a huge hat in her wedding.  In 1977.
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards