Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Vendor Reviews

ejmaierejmaier member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited August 2013 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
I always loved reading past brides vendor reviews so I thought I'd share mine in hopes they help someone else :) Sorry it's so long!

Ceremony & Reception Venue: NOAH'S - Las Colinas - A
It's a beautiful new building. They were always friendly and helpful when I had questions. My only complaint is that my MOH was bothered a lot by the gal working because she was trying to clean up other areas of the building while the wedding was still going on (probably so she could leave early).

Photographer: George Street Photography - David Pellerin - A+++
AMAZING! David went above and beyond during our engagements, my bridal session and the wedding. Pictures were great. I couldn't ask for more.

Videographer: George Street Photography - Chris Harmon - C
I haven't seen my video yet so I hate giving a review but he didn't act professionally at my wedding. Showed up a half hour late. Had guests say he frequented the bar. At one point in the reception I had to go find him to make sure he shot the Garter/Bouquet toss. He was outside. No clue why. But honestly, if my video turns out well, I guess that's all I care about.

Accomodations: NYLO - Las Colinas - A++
Such a cool hotel! My guests absolutely loved it and everyone there was so friendly.

Catering: A Sophisticated Affair - Arlington - A+
After scoping out several different options, I was glad I went with Keri and her team. Super nice people. I didn't end up getting to sit down and eat the food but even my very picky MIL was happy. So it couldn't have been bad :)

Flowers: Signature Productions - Colleyville - C
They do beautiful work. I know this. Which is why I went with them. But they missed 2 separate appointments I had set up with them and then forgot to line the aisle with floating candles like we discussed.

Cake: Opulent Cakes - Colleyville - A+++
Absolutely amazing!!! A coworker of mine recommended them and I was blown away by my cake. Delicious and beautiful!

Hair/Makeup - Carpe Diem Bridal - A+++
They were probably the most expensive place I looked into but they were SO WORTH IT! I was so happy with everyone's hair and makeup the day of. I would absolutely use them again if I needed hair/makeup services.

Boudoir Photography - Boudoir Dallas - A+++
Again, pricey but SO WORTH IT. I've never felt prettier in my life than after I got my boudoirs back. Melanie and David have a serious gift in doing them and make you feel sooo comfortable.

Dress: Bridal Boutique - Lewisville - B
The only reason they get a good review is because the sales girl I worked with was the sweetest person ever. After that, dealing with management was less than exciting.

Alterations & Bridesmaid's Dresses: Gowns of Grace - Dallas - A++
I'm one of the few that I think didn't go to Becky Fowler. So I was nervous but Nancy Dodd is a wonderful lady and did an excellent job on my alterations and the bridesmaids dresses and their alterations.

DJ - Complete Music - Wichita, Kansas - A+++
I worked here briefly years ago. So our DJ was an old friend of mine. My advice on choosing a DJ is making sure they have plenty experience. There's a different between someone who just plays music versus someone who goes out of their way to make sure things stay on schedule and that everyone is having a good time.

Emily :) maierfaganwedding.weebly.com

Re: Vendor Reviews

• ejmaier said:

DJ - Complete Music - Wichita, Kansas - A+++
    I worked here briefly years ago. So our DJ was an old friend of mine. My advice on choosing a DJ is making sure they have plenty experience. There's a different between someone who just plays music versus someone who goes out of their way to make sure things stay on schedule and that everyone is having a good time.

Who worked it, if you don't mind me asking? I worked at the Wichita Marriott for about 5 years and they were our fave guys to work weddings with. Jeff was always so awesome. Small world!
  • Great reviews!
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • It was Paul. He's been there for a while so you probably know him. He's awesome!
    Emily :) maierfaganwedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards