Plus-Sized

Plus size Shapewear

I am wondering about some shapewear to wear under my wedding gown. It is an A-line strapless gown that has the corset tie thing in the back. It fits well except right through my hips, the tie gapes a little. I know I can have it let out a bit but was hoping to avoid that. I have been looking online forever for shapewear. I need something that will tighten up my tummy and hiney. My biggest concern is how I am going to use the restroom all night as I was blessed with a small bladder! Any advice?

Re: Plus size Shapewear

• Spanx are awesome - they have a high waisted one that runs from right under the chest to mid-thigh.  It is stretch like a thick nylon - so it is very comfortable and easy to remove.  I am wearing one of these under a long-line bra.  I ordered my Spanx on-line (from the Spanx website). They come in a variey of sizes :-)

• You can find crotchless ones around... they're a bit harder to come by, I do not remember where I last saw some... either Herbergers (Yonkers) or Sears.
  • I'm wearing spanx too. Mine look like runners shorts. I was worried about leg rubbing because I don't have a leg gap. They also have a hole for using the restroom, just be sure you practice before your wedding day. It's easier than I thought to go with them on. Also I got mine at Dillard's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards