Students

Summer is Ending!

I still have about three weeks until classes start but I already have T.A. meetings starting this week so it's starting to feel over already. Anyways I thought we could chat about the (hopefully awesome) summer we all had and the semester that is coming up :)

1) What was the highlight of your summer?

2) Any last minute summer plans you are going to try to fit in before school starts?

3) What are you most excited for this coming semester?

4) What are you dreading the most about school starting back up?

Re: Summer is Ending!

• 1) What was the highlight of your summer? BF and I went on a camping trip last weekend that was a lot of fun! It was our first weekend away with just the two of us :)

2) Any last minute summer plans you are going to try to fit in before school starts?
    I'm joining my family on a quick trip to a lake house in Kansas for about a week before school starts. It should be pretty fun. My BF can't make it but my brother and his girlfriend are going so it will be nice to catch up with them.

I'm going to start really getting into my thesis. It will be hard work but I'm still excited to make some real progress on it!

My co-workers. I'm a teaching assistant and there was ridiculous amount of drama last semester between all the T.As. Two of the TAs who caused the most drama left but there is still one left I'm not looking forward to having to work with.

• 1) What was the highlight of your summer?

Being offered a part time teaching position! I've been trying to find a job for the past 4 years (been working at after schools & camps), so I'm very excited to finally have my own art room and still be able to get home for dinner in time lol.

Um, nothing big.....this weekend I'm going to a concert with my friend on a last minute notice (the other person she was going to take backed out) so that should be fun.  I also want to see if FI & I can get started on creating our wedding registry.

Having to actually start work on my thesis and get me closer to finishing up grad school.

Having to actually start working on my thesis! lol

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
      getting in to the nursing program
      nope, except getting my wisdom teeth out, though i wouldn't complain about a couple more pool days though
      starting nursing school!!
      starting nursing school!! haha
  • 1) What was the highlight of your summer? The wedding and husband finally meeting my whole family. :)

I hope we can paint our bedroom, and I would truly love to go to a concert.

I'm taking three English classes and one of them is Shakespeare!

School. I have the worst time trying to balance school, two jobs, and now a husband. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

The camping trip I took with my fiance earlier this week!

Well tomorrow I leave to be a counselor at a summer camp for a week, and after that I just want to relax!

I'm looking forward to mock trial starting back up.

All the work that's going to come with my philosophy classes.

As bad as this will probably sound, tell my job at the campus daycare where they can shove it. I did not bust my ass to earn my B.S. and be halfway through my Masters to earn $7.25 an hour and be treated like crap but women barely out of highschool. 

As much time as earthly possible with FI!

Does the wedding count? Lol! If we're going for nonwedding related, a lighter course load. I only have one class this semester (Criminological Theory) and six research hours. 

I have fairly heavy reading intensive courses every semester, with my only class this semester being with my major professor that I'm simultaneously working on my thesis and another publication with. Blah!

Other than that, I'm dreading my GTA position a bit. I'm helping with a 440 person Intro. to Soc. class, which is intimidating! I had a poor experience last semester with the whole GTA thing after being cussed out by multiple students in one of the two courses, so I'm hoping for a better experience this time around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
    43image [Said yes!] 
    16image [Are missing out!]
     16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
    RSVP Date October 01
    So far I have had really excellent weekends despite being in Summer school.  We have gone hiking, boating, and spent a day at the beach, all of which I have really enjoyed.  However I still have a month left until fall quarter begins and we are planning on going camping and visiting my grandma which I am really looking forward too.

Oh.  Yes hiking, visiting my favorite monk, camping, and seeing my grandmother.

My Comparative Detective Class!  It's taught by my favorite lit teacher and I can't wait until it is here!   Also starting my senior thesis. 

My German Lit class, I am terrified I am not going to do well and fail.  And applying to grad schools and taking the GRE.  :(
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    @Ravenray - I hated taking the GRE! I did really horrible but I know I didn't study enough. I'll have to re-take it when I apply to PhD programs :( Make sure you get in lots of study time before taking it!

@Psychoandgle2u - I'm sorry you had such a bad time with your students!  I'm always worried some student is going to get really upset with me because I don't deal with confrontation well.

• 1) What was the highlight of your summer? Vacationing in Luray, VA with BF! We had planned on going to Assateague, but the weather was horrible for camping and all the hotels/motels were incredibly expensive, so BF planned an awesome trip for us in Luray. We saw a couple different caverns, went to the Civil War battlefield in New Market, and drove through Shenandoah. Hopefully we'll get to go back in the fall - it will be gorgeous!

2) Any last minute summer plans you are going to try to fit in before school starts? I did pretty much everything I wanted to except exercise, lol. BF and I are going to the shooting range on Sunday, which was the last thing on my summer break bucket list.

3) What are you most excited for this coming semester? Babies! I'll be in my mother-baby class this fall, and that will be amazing.

4) What are you dreading the most about school starting back up? Med-surg clinical - specifically waking up at ass o'clock in the morning to get there...every other Saturday, no less. :(
  • I'm late to the game for this one, but I just got back from my summer. 

1)  Drat, picking a highlight is hard.  I hated yet loved doing a walking event in the Netherlands.  If anyone wants to see a bunch of crazy, drunk, half-naked, hot dutch guys, go to Nijmegen the third week in July.  Awesome party atmosphere.  But I suppose the best highlight was ending the long-distance stage of my relationship with FI.  Now we just live one town over!  We did a European tour as well, so that was awesome.

2)  Summer is over now, and I start work tomorrow.  So I can't squeeze anything more in.

3)  I am no longer a student, but I sell textbooks for universities, so it is like a semester I suppose.  I'm looking forward to working in office again and seeing my coworkers in person.

4)  I are not dreading much.  Nothing about the semester at least.

I'm glad to hear so many people had good summers!  Best of luck with school starting up again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards