Snarky Brides

So Much LoveHate

Guys...

I've had Bridezilla reruns on in the background all day while being a good little housegirlfriend and cooking and cleaning. I can't decide it it's melting my braincells out my ears, or I'm having an affair with the drama. Honestly, I hate reality TV... but apparently not, I can't stop! Somebody save me from myself >.>

Re: So Much LoveHate

• You get a pass from me. I try to avoid trash-tv, but once it's on, I'm captivated.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's hard. Fashion Police is my guilty pleasure. My husband said I actually found something worse than HGTV.
  • EXACTLY! Thank goodness you ladies understand. My SO just makes fun of me... but once it's on, I'm done for!
  • I reserve Bridezillas for moments when there is truly nothing I want to watch on, i dont want to watch a dvd and I am too tired to read. Thats when brain says hey lets watch people be bitchy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Four Weddings is worse than Bridezillas I think.... It makes me scared to have my own wedding, thinking people will be judging my every move.  Seriously, how can three women never ever agree on if the food was good or bad?  Makes me not want to waste money on fancy food because it's like people will hate whatever I choose! Ugh. 

• Four Weddings is worse than Bridezillas I think.... It makes me scared to have my own wedding, thinking people will be judging my every move.  Seriously, how can three women never ever agree on if the food was good or bad?  Makes me not want to waste money on fancy food because it's like people will hate whatever I choose! Ugh. 
    My favorite is when they take points off because it was too hot/too cold outside.  Because everyone knows that the bride gets to decide on the temperature the day of her wedding.
  • 4 Weddings was really helpful for me in determining what is and what isn't important. I rolled my eyes when they criticized a lack of flowers, or if the centerpieces weren't the proper clusterfucks of crystal and peacock feathers.

But when they complained that there weren't enough passed hors d'oeuvres, enough tables during cocktail hour, or the music only appealed to one kind of taste? That I paid attention to and it caused me to think about a lot of things that may not have occurred to me otherwise.

Anniversary

I think they purposefully pick people with different tastes, like a vegetarian bride and someone marrying a butcher. I love that show but I hate how 99% of the time the honeymoon goes to someone big budget. And I also don't get how much they all seem to care about flowers.
  • My favorite episode of four weddings is one where a woman had the smallest budget and won. She dreamed of walking from her house to her family church and she did. She started singing as she was walking down the aisle and her groom started crying. She did exactly what she wanted and exactly what she could afford and it paid off. I can watch that episodr a million times over because it proved that you dont have to spend $50,000 to win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I've seen a couple episodes where the lowest budget wedding has won. Some of those brides are the most cattiest people I have ever seen! Ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I remember one episode where one of the brides had a cash bar but told the other brides they could have whatever they want. In other words, the strangers she was on a tv show with got a hosted bar and her loved ones had to pay for drinks.

She didn't win.

Anniversary

My roommate was at her cousin's wedding which was being taped for an episode of Four Weddings and she had the immense honor (sarcasm) of sitting with her cousin's competitors.  I'm sure it comes as no surprise to most, but the cameramen and producers were asking them to be more judgemental and mean-spirited to make for a better show.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards