New Jersey

Bride wanting a small wedding venue

I live in central NJ and need a wedding venue to accommodate 80-100 people.  We want a smaller wedding but still want it to be a big party on a Saturday night in June.  We just do not have big families and have decided to be selective with which friends we invite.  I am having trouble finding places that don't have minimum requirements over 100 people for a Saturday night.  We like venues such as bed and breakfasts, mansions, estates, hotels, gardens, restaurants.Any help would be appreciated :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bride wanting a small wedding venue

• PandPMeant2BPandPMeant2B member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    This may be a little far for you, but check out the Brownstone in Paterson. We are getting married on a Saturday night in August with less than 100 people.  Not only were they the only venue without a minimum, but the owner basically said, "Here's our standard package and here's what it costs. We can always add or subtract. Tell me what your comfortable with and we'll make it happen." It really worked out for us because it was one of our favorites anyway. It's beautiful and the food is amazing! 

(edited to fix bum link)
  • Tyneequa85Tyneequa85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    The Tides Estate in North Haledon, NJ. I am getting married here on a Sat night in May and my minimum is 100 ppl. It is a gorgeous venue and the manager Tom is very nice and will work with you.

www.thetides.com
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    My sister is getting married this fall at the Molly Pitcher Inn in Red Bank. It's a historic hotel with great water views. She is inviting well under 100. They have several rooms to choose from. Not sure what their minimum is on a Saturday. Good luck!
  • edited November 2013

Ravello's or Brownstone. I am having similar # of people and they are more than willing to accommodate. Also, great prices. :) 

• dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

I say it all the time on here but try the Somerville Elks in Bridgewater on Route 28.

I'd also check out the big hotel chains because most have moveable walls so they can accomodate parties of varying sizes.

• GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    This may be a little far for you, but check out the Brownstone in Paterson. We are getting married on a Saturday night in August with less than 100 people.  Not only were they the only venue without a minimum, but the owner basically said, "Here's our standard package and here's what it costs. We can always add or subtract. Tell me what your comfortable with and we'll make it happen." It really worked out for us because it was one of our favorites anyway. It's beautiful and the food is amazing! 

(edited to fix bum link)
    I have been thinking about looking at this venue but I'm concerned since its in Patterson.  I mean I honestly am not even sure about makigg an apt. there because of its location. I don't want out of owners getting lost in a bad area.
  • GB520GB520 member
    Is the area ok? Meant to post with previous post.
  • It is not in a bad area of Paterson. I think your guests would be fine. Also, if you are planning on reserving a hotel room block for out of town guests, perhaps you can find one that provides a shuttle to the venue or reserve a shuttle on your own. We are doing this for our wedding to prevent people from drinking and driving, but will also be helpful to our OOT family who are not familiar with the area.
  • GB520GB520 member
    Good idea. Thanks.
  • The Shadowbrook in Shrewsbury will do a Saturday night for 100 people. They have beautiful gardens outside for the ceremony and cocktail hour.
  • St. Clements in Matawan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards