Texas-Austin
Options

Small budget, Second Wedding

I just got engaged and this would be my second marriage. I'm looking for ideas for a low cost, low stress wedding venue for the ceremony and the reception. I'd like somewhere as all-inclusive as possible. I would love to just elope to a beautiful beach somewhere, but my fiance has 3 children and we both would really like them to be there, and it'd be too expensive to fly them for a destination wedding. Also, we'd both like our immediate family to be there. He did a Justice of the Peace civil ceremony when we was 19 on an Army barracks and no one was there, so we'd still like some of the elements of a classic wedding. i'm open to ideas. I'm not set at all on it being in or around Houston. Please help!

Re: Small budget, Second Wedding

• Options
    So, this is a vow renewal?  Or, the JoP was what your new fiance did with his ex?

Just trying to puzzle it out.

Also, this is the Austin board, so we're not going to be able to help much with a Houston wedding.  But there IS a Houston board!

However, if you're looking to get married in Austin, there are lots of nice places around here.  :)
  • Options
    We had our 2nd wedding at the Caswell House with stepchildren present that didn't break the bank.  The venue is a 2-story Victorian home located in downtown Austin with a balcony overlooking the state capital.  The rates are quite reasonable, especially for Friday and Sunday weddings (although we got married on a Saturday).  The place is owned by Austin Jr. Forum, a local non-profit.

By using one of their preferred caterers listed on their website, we received a $200 rebate.  Also, we were allowed to provide our own alcohol that saved $$$'s.  Their caretaker may be hired to tend bar at an extremely reasonable rate-- he is TABC-certified bartender who was quite helpful as was their other staff person. 

• Options
    We checked out the inn in Salado. It's beautiful, all inclusive and has 12 rooms for families. It's in my top two choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards