Nevada-Las Vegas

FRAUD Waikiki films

I have never been so mad in my life, I was stupid enough to not check this F**ker out enough! He is a scam artist , stock photos on his pages and in his profile pic in his emails. He said he could not make our meeting for Monday due to his wife having a baby and said they would be staying in LA to take some time off, then his Twitter said he was in Hawaii on monday, So long story short I did some research (like i should have first) and hes a fake, he also charged us his whole fee not just the deposit!

on the phone with the credit card company now!

UGHHH im so furious! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FRAUD Waikiki films

• Oh man. That stinks. I'm sorry.  I hope that you can get your money back. What a jerk.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the bank is saying i can only get half back because the contract states i was to pay half for a deposit but the fact he took it all is fraud in its self

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • send the bank the statement that he took the whole amount no matter what contract says. 

where are u located in our area our news station has 7 on your side and go to them they get stuff done

sorry this happened to you :( I would say contact the d a in that area

• its all taken care of now, i guess this guy has a history Jesse J Clark https://www.facebook.com/RunJesseRun what a scum bag!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can I recommend Langdon Video. Their reviews are excellent and corresponding with Kelly is brilliant. You can see samples of their work on youtube and pricing is very reasonable.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Thanks for sharing. He was on my list but something about the way he kept being pushy in his emails turned me off.

Look into Light Source Films and SoCal Photography as well. They are legit and do great work from what I have seen.
  • Thanks I will
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi thesepinkdays, I'm so glad I saw your post. I was about to send him my contract through e-mail! The videos look spectacular on the waikiki films website. Was his name Marc Jacobs on the signature in e-mail?
  • Also did you notify theknot.com? Waikiki films is still on there. I can't more thankful for your post!
  • I havent got in touch with the knot yet. Yes Mac Jacobs was the signature. Im so glad you saw this in time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made the KG's aware of the thread, facebook page and issues; hopefully they'll be removed as a sponsored vendor.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We just had our wedding and hired Waikiki Films and they did a wonderful job. Our wedding was in Las Vegas at Angel Park Golf Course and we booked a photo/film bundle. The photos were great. They edited them all and put them on an online gallery for us. The highlight film was beautiful. I am not sure what the complaints are about with the company. Marc was very professional. I have referred them to my friends who are getting married. 
    You must think people here are pretty stupid?  I'm sure you just happened to register today to make your first post about how great a vendor who appears to rip people off happens to be.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We just had our wedding and hired Waikiki Films and they did a wonderful job. Our wedding was in Las Vegas at Angel Park Golf Course and we booked a photo/film bundle. The photos were great. They edited them all and put them on an online gallery for us. The highlight film was beautiful. I am not sure what the complaints are about with the company. Marc was very professional. I have referred them to my friends who are getting married. 

Lol this guy! When we where emailing he was like I really don't understand what your talking about, so I said by all means call me and ill tell you all about it, his response "its Saturday night...I'm out' lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's funny how this "JennJohnWedding" person just signed up and posted in this thread about what a great company Waikiki Films is. 

I thought the emails Marc sent me were pushy to sign and email the contract back to him...but I really wanted a great price in photography. I was about to hire Waikiki last night when I came across this thread and immediately emailed Marc back explaining that I found out his company is a fraud and did an image search of my own, which resulted in a lot of stock photos. Coincidences like these don't happen. Beware of Waikiki Films, ladies. 
  • The same thing happened to me with "Waikiki Films"! And I actually sent back my payment info/contract. Thank goodness I saw this thread, contacted my bank immediately, and they approved my claim within 24 hours. Thank you so so much for posting this! If anyone had any photographer or videographer suggestions please send them my way!
  • We are using Tyler Freear for our photos, he has been amazing to work with! I'm still on the hunt for a videographer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can add another victim of this jerk! I should've trusted my instincts, the guy was kinda pushy to get the paperwork going! But since my wedding was last minute and read good reviews I went with it. It's been almost two month since I got married and now I come accross all these posts. I am furious!!! This guy should go to jail!!!!!
  • Fraud alert. I was stiffed too. I was 'contracted' as an independent videographer for 'Marc Jacobs' did a whole weekends worth of work- sent him alllllll the files to edit and he took his money and ran. Never paid me for my time- several hundred dollars. AND he stiffed the couples whose weddings I shot. Unbelievable!!!!!!!
  • As I am researching more... this guy Marc operates under another company too..... Entangled films. Beware!!!!!!!!!!
  • He works under a lot, his real name is Jesse Clark
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG!!! say it aint so!! I hired this guy for my upcoming wedding this November!! Any advice on what I should do to cancel him and get my money back :(
  • To hess238, did you film a wedding on September 1st in san Clemente? I just found out what a fraud this guy is. I should have went with my gut feeling but I assumed the contract would be enough. I haven't heard anything from this guy and it has been over 2 1/2 months. Please let me know if you know anything. Thanks
  • I also just found out about Waikiki Films being fraudulent. Two questions: 1) Have you contacted TheKnot.com about this? If so, what did they say/do? 2) My wedding is in 2 weeks and one day and I have no videographer. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced videographer in the Inland Empire who might be available in very short notice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards