Honeymoon Discussions

All inclusive Honeymoon total cost w/flight 2,000- trip not till next year

Hello everyone i'm looking for an all inclusive (adults only) or adult oriented honeymoon spot minimum of 5 or 6 days with flight (from DFW) is this a possibility? Have passports so don't care about out of the country. Puerto Rico, Hawaii? Is Mexico an okay spot (I've never been) what about Costa Rica or Dominica Republic? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Wouldn't be departing till March of 2014.

Re: All inclusive Honeymoon total cost w/flight 2,000- trip not till next year

• If you're aiming for $2000, check out Mexico (Cancun/Riviera Maya), the Dominican Republic, or Jamaica. They are the top three areas for adults only AIs that are a good value. Hawaii does not have AIs and you'd probably spend 3/4 of your budget to get there. PR does not have any AIs that I'm aware of. Check out Expedia or Orbitz to get an idea of pricing and then contact a travel agent to help you narrow things down based on what you're looking for. I recommend booking about 6-8 months out., so this is a good time to start looking.

• Definitely check out Mexico. Depending on where you are and how long you want to go for, Hawaii isn't going to be doable on a $2,000 budget.
  • Also, don't rule out checking places like Livingsocial and Groupon. YOu have to be a little flexible, but can get killer deals
  • Check online to see what's available for you during that time. It's spring break time too keep that in mind. It's a pricey time to travel.
    I ditto jells' advice about seeking out a good TA.

• We do our big trip the first week of March every year. That is a very expensive time to travel as it is high season.

We do adult only AI's for 7 nights (8 days) leaving from Philly and once I add in every little imaginable extra expense plus resort and flight we have not been able to do less than $6500. Do keep in mind though that that is not booking the lowest level room possible but instead going middle/middle high end of the road.

Definetly check out MX (Cancun/Riviara Maya). That's where we went this past April (had to change from March to April due to having a lower budget point this year). We did 7 nights 8 days at Real Resorts The Royal Cancun in a royal jr. corner suite (3rd to the highest level room) plus air,excursions (3), tips and every last extra expense you can think of for 6k.

2k might be pushing it but, it's doable if you only stay for a few nights. Personally, less than 6 nights is not something we would do (the exception is key west, we do 4 there). That's just a personal preference though.

I have reviews and pics in the link above my siggy pic. The most recent being Cancun (we've actuall been twice).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards