Florida-South Florida

Warning - Aweful Experience

Bayside Inn Key Largo

We had our wedding there and were enthusiastic about working with the old manager, but the new management was awful. She took forever to return our calls and emails, when she did bother to return them in the first place. When we did get to the hotel days before the wedding we booked one of the suites (we had planned to book them both) but we could not stay in the room because our bedroom was infested with TICKS!!! They claimed they sprayed and had the exterminator in, but we still found live ticks in the room and on our pets once we returned home. Instead of apologizing the management started off trying to claim we brought the ticks. The maintenance on the grounds and in many of the rooms was appalling with widespread neglect (and in some cases what appeared to be blood) frequently evident.

The pool is tiny, the outside grills rusted through, and the end of the jetty a taped-off hazard of twisted wood. We were told by the manager an hour before our wedding was to start that we didn't have to have our wedding there and that we could "go somewhere else."  To top it off NO management was present when we tried to check out and settle our bill, and instead, without any apparent attempt at contacting us, and directly in violation of what we requested when we left, our credit card was charged without an invoice.

A real shame because the hotel has promise, but it is being run into the ground.  Save yourself the trouble and possible contagious disease, stay somewhere else...

Re: Warning - Aweful Experience

• Sorry about that horrible experience. I hope the rest of your wedding went as planned. It may be a good idea to post this in the "Vendor Review" thread on this board so that it won't get bumped after time goes by. 
  • Very similar situation over at the Wyndham Boca Raton on Glades. Beautiful property however the new catering manager over there is absolutely terrible...  avoid!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh My ! I'm so sorry this happen to you. That's a horrible experience to deal with.
  • Thanks for heads uP! I was planning on visiting them soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards