Texas-Houston
Options

Alterations Recommendations near downtown/the heights please!

I bought my dress in California and I just moved to Houston (the Heights). I am getting married in New Orleans so I have done virtually no research on anything wedding related in Houston…until now…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I need relatively little done to my Romona Keveza gown but I need a good alterations place in Houston that will do the work for me at a reasonable price. Since I live in the heights and work downtown, I would prefer something around that area, at least in the loop or galleria area would work as well. My wedding is October 5th so I need somewhere with relatively quick turnaround.

Recommendations please!

Also- any recommendations as to where to shop for wedding shoes and wedding undergarmets would be gladly accepted as well :)

Thanks in advance!

Houston Newby Bride

Re: Alterations Recommendations near downtown/the heights please!

• Options
    My fiance uses Martin Tailors (4712 Feagan St., Houston, TX 77007) , but I can't vouch for their cost.

Quick Fix has good reviews: 3912 N Shepherd, Houston, TX 77018

I work part-time for J Crew and we send all of our customers to Marcellos in the Galleria (lowest level, near Neimans). I've used them personally and have always been impressed with their work, plus, they've been able to get things turned around quickly.
  • Options
    I second Marcellos, I used to work inside the Galleria (practically right across from you, @lizut4 , at Godiva!) and I've used them myself. They do great work, and I think their prices were alright - though I don't have much to compare it with.
  • Options

Have either of you used them for bridal alterations or just alterations on everyday clothes?

Thanks!

• Options
    I used them for my high school reunion dress, which was a formal silk dress from Ann Taylor. Aside from that I only used them for hemming pants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards