Snarky Brides

XP Early Wedding Gift Thank Yous - help!

I am getting married in a month and a half, and we are starting to get several wedding gifts from our registry delivered early. My guess is that people want to buy these items before our registry options become too slim.

Of course I've already started sending out Thank Yous for all pre-wedding parties - bridal showers, bachelorette party, etc. but what is the etiquette on sending out Thank Yous for early wedding gifts? We planned to order monogrammed stationery closer to the wedding - and we don't want to use our monogram before we are married.

So the options are 1. Wait until after the wedding to send Thank Yous that came a month and a half early (but make those the first Thank Yous we do) or 2. Send Thank Yous for early gifts on more generic stationery.

Thoughts? I've always assumed wedding Thank Yous were meant to be on personalized stationery.

Re: XP Early Wedding Gift Thank Yous - help!

•  I am getting married in a month and a half, and we are starting to get several wedding gifts from our registry delivered early. My guess is that people want to buy these items before our registry options become too slim.

Of course I've already started sending out Thank Yous for all pre-wedding parties - bridal showers, bachelorette party, etc. but what is the etiquette on sending out Thank Yous for early wedding gifts? We planned to order monogrammed stationery closer to the wedding - and we don't want to use our monogram before we are married.

So the options are 1. Wait until after the wedding to send Thank Yous that came a month and a half early (but make those the first Thank Yous we do) or 2. Send Thank Yous for early gifts on more generic stationery.

Thoughts? I've always assumed wedding Thank Yous were meant to be on personalized stationery.

I sent my thank you's immediately. It sounds like you want to order specific stationary. Go for it. Do it asap. I think people will appreciate a timely thank you card more. I love pretty stationary and we got thank you cards to match our invites, so I understand wanting to match. But It's a good idea to get thank yous out asap. Less to do when you get back from HM
  • Send thank you's immediately. You can buy any generic thank you card it, doesn't have to be personalized. Do not wait until after your wedding to send them.
  • It's much better to send a thank you now on generic stationary than it is to send it later on the monogramed stuff. By sending it now you're

1) letting the person who sent it to you know that you received it
    2) thanking them in a timely fashion for their gift
    3) taking care of it now, so that it's one less note you have to handwrite after the wedding

Trust me, number 3 makes a big difference down the line.
  • It doesn't matter what you write it on. Just do it promptly as @allispain posted.
  • edited August 2013
    Order the stationary and use the monogram before the wedding or use generic thank you notes. If you don't send the thank you notes before hand people will be asking you if you received their gift when you see them at your wedding. Then you'll have to say yes, thank you and sorry I haven't sent the thank you yet...and risk feeling embarrassed. 
    Trust me, my sister had her wedding 30 days after mine and everyone whose thank I hadn't sent yet was asking...I'm so glad I sent the early gift thank you notes right away. --then the checks because I won't cash a check before I send a thank you! :-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards