Virginia

Any upcoming receptions at Ford's Colony in Williamsburg

If so, are you comfortable with everything that is going on with their bankruptcy proceedings.? We really want our reception here, but we just think it's too risky.  Here's the latest news on their bankruptcy:   http://www.wydaily.com/local-news/5848-fords-colony-country-club-bankruptcy-update.html

Re: Any upcoming receptions at Ford's Colony in Williamsburg

• layla100layla100 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Obviously you don't understand Chapter 11 proceedings, however your attempt to maliciously influence others not to have a reception there is questionable.  Could this be a competitive venue???  All I can say is that there's not much in Williamsburg that compares to the beauty of Ford's Colony.
  • joakley717joakley717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Way to jump to a conclusion!!  I'm in no way trying to influence anyone to NOT have their reception at Ford's Colony. Just informing those who may not be aware of their issues. As a matter of fact I like Ford's.  Not to mention Linda Ford who was absolutely the nicest person we met while touring venues in Williamsburg.  While you and others may be ok with putting down a deposit there, we're still a little hesitant about it.  Honestly, I'm a little uncomfortable about losing a depost and then trying to find another locations b/c they shut down for business.  Great first post btw, do you work at Ford's??
  • edited December 2011
    I don't blame you for not wanting to put any money down at Ford's Colony. We didn't because you never know when you are planning something a year or so out. Check out Colonial Heritage Club. That is where we are getting married in a couple of months. The staff is great and super helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards