Gay Weddings

Advice for a casual cliffs wedding...

edited August 2013 in Gay Weddings

My partner and I are getting married in San Diego next month. It's going to be a fairly small affair, with *maybe* 8-10 guests... We chose an outdoor venue (Sunset Cliffs) and our ceremony will be in the evening.

My partner is more traditional and I'm more modern, I guess you would say; so trying to fuse both of our personalities in this ceremony, without making it clash is a little bit of a challenge... I've told him that I don't want to wear a suit or tuxedo, so we've agreed on pants and a vest.  Since this is pretty much an elopement at the beach/cliffs of Southern California, I really don't want to wear something too dressy...I have my shirt and vest picked out, but am having a little bit of difficult with the pants.

Here are pictures of both, the shirt and vest... I'm going to roll the sleeves and wear an open collar instead of a tie. Would a pair of nice dressy jeans, or chino's be out of line for a wedding ceremony? Should I steer away from grey pants, since it might be fairly hard to match the vest? Your suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

image image

Re: Advice for a casual cliffs wedding...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards