Snarky Brides

XP Bachelorette party question

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted on here in a while and can't believe the big day is just 7 weeks away. My bridesmaids (there are 7 of them) have generously opted to throw me a bachelorette party (weekend) in Nashville. Everyone attending except one person lives either in Chicago or a few hours from Nashville, and I have covered their airfare. However, the ladies are still shelling out for hotel rooms ($99/person) and at least 1 activity that I know of.

My question is...what, if anything, should I expect to pay for? They have already indicated that they do not want me to pay for the activity they have planned, but other than that, I wasn't sure if it was customary for me to pay for my own meals...their meals...my own drinks...their drinks? Just trying to figure out budget-wise what I should expect the weekend to cost me.

If anyone has any experience with a "Bachelorette weekend", it would help me out a lot if you could share what you ended up chipping in for! Thanks in advance!

Re: XP Bachelorette party question

• Haven't had any experience with a bachelorette weekend, but I would plan to pay my own way if I were you. That way you're prepared either way.
  • I would say you shouldn't be paying for their meals/drinks/room etc. They chose to attend the weekend. To be on the safe side expect to pay for own meals/drinks/room etc. If they offer to get you a few drinks while you're out, well then that will be nice on your wallet. 
    Anniversary
  • Hi everyone!

Haven't posted on here in a while and can't believe the big day is just 7 weeks away. My bridesmaids (there are 7 of them) have generously opted to throw me a bachelorette party (weekend) in Nashville. Everyone attending except one person lives either in Chicago or a few hours from Nashville, and I have covered their airfare. However, the ladies are still shelling out for hotel rooms ($99/person) and at least 1 activity that I know of.

My question is...what, if anything, should I expect to pay for? They have already indicated that they do not want me to pay for the activity they have planned, but other than that, I wasn't sure if it was customary for me to pay for my own meals...their meals...my own drinks...their drinks? Just trying to figure out budget-wise what I should expect the weekend to cost me.

If anyone has any experience with a "Bachelorette weekend", it would help me out a lot if you could share what you ended up chipping in for! Thanks in advance!

If I were the bride, I would plan on paying for all my meals and drinks myself and buying a few rounds for my girls for being in the wedding and planning an awesome weekend in Nashville.

If I were a BM, I would pay for all the bride's drinks when we went out to party at any planned activities. I wouldn't really expect to pay for her meals.

Plan to pay for yourself, but don't be surprised if they want to pick up your bar tab.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'd say you should be prepared to get your wallet out at every event. If someone tells you to put it away, then that's cool. I'm sure they will appreciate the fact that you're trying to be responsible and respectful and not be a cost burden.
  • Be prepared to pay for yourself, but allow them to pick up the tab if they offer (they probably will). 

You should not, nor should you be expected to, pay for anyone else's anything. They're hosting the weekend, not you, and as such they should be covering any expenses they incur. At most previous bachelorette parties I've attended, attendees usually agree to chip in extra to cover the bride's expenses. 
  • ElcaB said:
    Be prepared to pay for yourself, but allow them to pick up the tab if they offer (they probably will). 

You should not, nor should you be expected to, pay for anyone else's anything. They're hosting the weekend, not you, and as such they should be covering any expenses they incur. At most previous bachelorette parties I've attended, attendees usually agree to chip in extra to cover the bride's expenses. 
    This exactly. My girls wouldn't let me pay for anything on my weekend, even though I always had my wallet at the ready. Granted, mine was also super chill and low-cost, so it was easily doable for them to split the costs.
  • ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    I've done a couple of bachelorette weekends and we've never asked the bride to shell out for anything, even the hotel. But we always had enough girls that splitting the bride's cost 10+ ways wasn't a big deal.

Of course, it's always good to be prepared. Pull out your wallet and you'll almost certainly be asked to put it away.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards