Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor Reception areas w/optional coverage?

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.  I've recently started planning my wedding (again).  I'm having trouble finding a venue that fits all of our needs.  We don't have a huge amount of money to spend, which makes my requirements list a little tough.  We live in southeast Michigan, and hoping not to stray too far from home (some guests aren't able to make a long trip).  Here it goes:

Must be reasonably priced!
Outdoor is preferred with optional coverage (tent, etc.) 
Must be able to bring outside food/catering
Must have liquor license
Roughly 100-150 guests

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help us out,
Desperate Bride-to-be

Re: Outdoor Reception areas w/optional coverage?

• Options

I've been married almost 2 years, so I'm not familiar with all the local venues any longer.

However, the Knot boards are searchable. Go to the bottom of this board and search "outdoor venues", then click "this board" on the drop down. You will see every post that was entered using that as the topic line.

Also, check the Huron Clinton Metroparks (if you haven't). There is also a large park in Beverly Hills Mi called Beverly Park. It is on 13 1/2 Mile rd (aka Beverly Rd), just west of Southfield Rd. They have a very large pavilion that would probably hold that many. Not sure if they allow for set up in the park area other than the pavilion

Also just an FYI: I was on a budget. I initially wanted an outdoor wedding with an indoor option. The cost of tent rentals are expensive, as are the costs for tables, chairs, linens, utensils, glassware, china & catering. That is on top of the cost for the other items for a wedding like DJ, officiant, and catering and alcohol. We ended up at Greenmead Village in Livonia but they have a max on the indoor option of 100 people for both the banquet hall and adorable chapel. It worked for us and we had 73 people total. But, we spent about $60 per person for everything we brought in. I know there are banquet halls for less than that. Check out www.weddingchannel.com , which is a sister company of the The Knot. Look for reviews for banquet venues in the Detroit area. You will see tons of banquet venues, and some outdoor venues as well.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards