March 2014 Weddings
Options

When to send out invites?

So, it seems like invites should go out 3 months before the wedding, is that what you've heard?

I'm clearly overthinking this, but....

3 months before my wedding is the beginning of December, or in the circles I socialize in, Christmas card season. I'm thinking it might not be a hot idea to send these out then, mostly because Christmas is stressful with to-dos as is, and adding to someone's todo list might not be a great idea. Also, I'm thinking it could get lost in the Christmas Card shuffle and forgotten about. On the other hand, folks will be checking their mail more often, correct? 

Am I over thinking this? 

At any rate, when are you folks sending your invites out? I'm trying to decide if I should do early December, or sometime in November. We sent out save the dates in April/Mayish and most of the guests are travelling about 3 hours for the wedding and will probably need hotel rooms (so a half-destination?).

Re: When to send out invites?

• Options
    I've heard invites should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  I recommend you wait till the holiday card rush is over, because I would personally would be terrified they'd get lost in the mail. You're probably safe sending them right around New Years.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'd either send them out in November or right around New Years if I were you. I'd be afraid that the invitations would get lost in the holiday card shuffle. Also, I'd prefer to send them out a little earlier as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a March 1st bride....I plan on sending the invites out Dec. 26th or 27th...this was the card rush is over and people will still have enough time to RSVP.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a March 15th bride and plan to send out our invites on January 1st that way the christmas card rush is over and I won't have to worry about them getting stuck in the mail.  I had originally thought of sending them out earlier, like the beginning of December as I have a small B list, but I was advised to just send them Jan 1st.....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.