Kentucky

Need a Videographer

Does anyone have suggestions for a videographer? 

I wasn't prepared for how expensive it is to have a video of the wedding!!  I think I originally estimated $200 or so, and it is NOT looking possible.  A friend said $200 per hour.  Our photographer suggested a student she knows for $600 total (ceremony & reception).

I am really hoping someone here can give me a suggestion for an affordable videographer. Or at least an alternative.  Should I just set up a couple cameras on tripods and let them go?  It's not perfect, or even good, but better than nothing (I think).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need a Videographer

• I think $200 is unrealistic. I'd be interested in hearing who the student is that will do it for $600. Most that I have found are at least $1000.
  • MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think $200 is unrealistic. I'd be interested in hearing who the student is that will do it for $600. Most that I have found are at least $1000.

Yeah, I realize now that it is unrealistic, but we aren't looking for anything elaborate.  I can edit things myself, I just basically want someone to use our video camera, and tape it without doing a crappy job.  Anything extra would be great, but not necessary.

Not having much luck.  And we didn't get the name or any additional information about the student yet.

Fortunately, our guest list is shrinking, so I may be able to talk my fiance into hiring him for the video.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • check out wedit.com. They send you camcorders and you have guests film different things then you send it back to you and they send you the raw footage. For a little more, they'll even edit it for you

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards