May 2014 Weddings

quick hi and congrats to my fellow May brides

Hi ladies!  I wanted to introduce myself - my name is Jill. I've been on The Knot for years (way before I even knew my FH), mostly because, at the time, there was no Pinterest to feed my crazy wedding obsession.  What can I say?  I love weddings.  I haven't been super active on the message boards (I'm more of a silent participant) but I love reading what you all contribute and I really wanted to say congrats to my fellow May 2014 brides - I'm so excited for all of us!

My FH popped the question just over a year ago and it felt like the wedding was light years away.  None of my vendors felt any sense of urgency because we had "so much time."  And I was constantly telling people "no no, next May."  Then a few weeks ago I got The Knot 10 month notification and I could hardly believe it. We're getting closer!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and keep up the posts - I love hearing what you've got going on to get ready for your big day.

(Shout out to my 5/17 date twins! Only 296 days to go! xo)

Re: quick hi and congrats to my fellow May brides

• We're date twins!!! I see the OH in your screen name. Are you an Ohio bride also?
  • Why hello! I'm more quiet as well on here... but our date is May 31st :) We just engaged this past February... but it feels like this time has already gone by so fast, I know it's only going to go faster as the day approaches!

Hope you are having as much fun planning as we are! :)

• Congrats! I am getting married on May 31st and can't wait!
  • Hi everyone! May 24th here. Super exciting :)

• No, tammym1001, I'm from NJ - I always get teased for saying "oh hi" instead of just hi - I was frustrated all of the other usernames I wanted were taken and that one worked!  

Yay for being date twins!  I'm just curious if any other May 2014 brides have registered yet... I haven't, I keep seeing a lot of feedback on the registry boards about people going too early and a lot of things being discontinued.  I'm just trying to keep plugging away at my to do list.

What else have you all booked?  So excited to hear about all of your plans!
  • I booked my photographer the other day and I have an appointment with the bakery today. I'm trying to wrap up all my big things before holidays come and I start feeling overwhelmed :)

I'm not registering so I can't help you with that one.

• I'll probably register sometime this month as my FH travels a lot in the Fall and I want to get it done before the Fall season starts. But I will not be putting the registry information on my wedding website until I send the save the dates in mid-October (I will have the website link on there). Just make sure to continue checking your registry items for any that may have been discontinued :)
  • I keep itching to go register but a certain someone keeps telling me we should probably wait a little longer, lol. I'm a planner, and really wanna get as much done as possible, as soon as possible. We'll definitely get it done before the holidays though. I feel that's somewhat safe for items not getting discontinued.
  • Hi all! I'm fairly new here so I thought I'd also introduce myself. I got engaged in November to a wonderful man, 9 more months to go! tammym1001 I am a May 17th bride in Ohio!! I really want to register but FI thinks it's too soon. Will probably wait to do that till after the holidays. That way after christmas gifts we can asses what we still need.
  • @Jstump2 - where at in Ohio? We're date and state twins!!! LOL
  • We live in the Cleveland area, Our reception is going to be in Columbia station.
  • Nice :) I'm in Akron. We are having ours at Firestone Country Club.
  • I have a meeting with a florist in Akron next month! (for some reason I'm having trouble finding one closer. Every Blooming Thing is the florist. Me and my FI had our first date in Akron :)
  • I've heard of them, but didn't meet with any florists because my FSMIL offered to do the flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards