Registry and Gift Forum
Options

BB&B Registry note cards?

I recently registered at BB&B, and today I got these little cards in the mail that have a line to put the registrants' names and another line for the number of the registry. There's instructions at the bottom on how to purchase a gift.

I did not order these. They just showed up in the mail. What are they and what am I supposed to do with them?

Re: BB&B Registry note cards?

• Options
  • Options
    huynhette said:
    I recently registered at BB&B, and today I got these little cards in the mail that have a line to put the registrants' names and another line for the number of the registry. There's instructions at the bottom on how to purchase a gift.

I did not order these. They just showed up in the mail. What are they and what am I supposed to do with them?
    Recycle them. Use them as confetti. Burn them/ Tear them up when frustrated with wedding planning.

Yep. BBB (and other stores) use these as "free" advertising. Don't fall victim to their ploy. Sending them out to guests is rude.
  • Options
    Toss them. Your guests will be able to figure out how to gift you.
  • Options

I kept the ones they gave me to use in shower invites it anyone throwing me a shower (if there is one) asks for them. I'm pretty sure its ok etiquette wise to have them in shower invites since a shower is meant to shower the bride with gifts. I also gave one to my Grandma who is forever asking me what I want for gifts. :) That was just to save both of us time lol. Please don't send them out in invitations (which is what the stores will press you to do)

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

I kept the ones they gave me to use in shower invites it anyone throwing me a shower (if there is one) asks for them. I'm pretty sure its ok etiquette wise to have them in shower invites since a shower is meant to shower the bride with gifts. I also gave one to my Grandma who is forever asking me what I want for gifts. :) That was just to save both of us time lol. Please don't send them out in invitations (which is what the stores will press you to do)

Don't do this.  As others have said, just toss them. Of course they're going to give you crap to send in invitations (shower or otherwise) to get people into their store. Guests are smart -- they'll figure out where you're registered on their own.  BBB is extremely pushy. Just throw them away.
  • Options

Don't do it because its rude? I've seen on here that people give that adivce often (people with sound advice about these matter). I actually like getting them in shower invites, it save me a step and I find it a courtesy. Otherwise I have to track down the bride/wedding website/ someone who may know where they are registered.

Just clarifying why it would be bad to place in shower invites. There may be something I"m missing.

totally agree to not send them in wedding invites

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I think they'd be fine to slip into a shower invitation except that they seem so condescending. Instructions on HOW to purchase a gift? Seriously?
    I'd rather the host leave their own note of the store I'm registered at IF the store is mentioned on the invitation at all.
  • Options
    I prefer when a shower hostess puts registry information on the shower invitation itself. It's a little ridiculous to open an envelope and have multiple little slips of paper fall out, and if it's on the invitation itself, it's easier to keep track of everything and slightly less obnoxious, IMO.
  • Options
    Are they blank on the back? You can just use them as scrap paper if they are. We have extra RSVP cards and have been using them for grocery lists. 
  • Options
    Yep - throw them out. I would not put them in shower invitations because as @SimplyFated pointed out, it's kind of condescending. Obviously I can figure out how to buy a gift...thankyouverymuch.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Put them back in your mailbox and write "Return to sender" on the envelope.
  • Options
    I threw them out. Haha. I felt bad about telling the registry rep that I didn't want them so I just  recycled them. People will ask your bridal party or parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards