Moms and Maids

Is a MOH necessary?

I have 5 bridesmaids identified.  Two sisters, two close friends from college, and FI's sister.  They are all special to me, and I am not planning to pick an MOH.  It would be nearly impossible to pick between my two sisters or two friends, and there's no need to cause hurt feelings (in my opinion).  However, my FI thinks this is going to cause confusion, since he will have a best man.  Has anyone else skipped naming a maid of honor and just had bridesmaids?       

Re: Is a MOH necessary?

• my FI has two brothers. he plans to call them both "best man". he'll ask one to give a toast at the rehearsal dinner and the other to give a toast at the wedding. i don't think it should be a problem. 
  • A few brides on here skipped naming a MOH. A few others had multiple MOH. It's completely a matter of preference.
    The only person who'll be confused is your fiance/husband. Poor guy.
  • I'm just glad the "poor guy" is trying and helping with all of the planning! :-)  He's only been to a handful of very traditional weddings, so anything that breaks any tradition is new to him.  He'll get used to it, I'm sure.  Thanks!   
  • NO you do not have to have a MOH.
  • I'm just glad the "poor guy" is trying and helping with all of the planning! :-)  He's only been to a handful of very traditional weddings, so anything that breaks any tradition is new to him.  He'll get used to it, I'm sure.  Thanks!   
    Same with my boyfriend! He never even heard of an uneven bridal party being possible until a couple of years ago at my friend's wedding lol.
  • I was in your shoes. 5 bridemaids/ 3 best friends-- could not imagine choosing one, they are all like my sisters.  My other bridesmaids were my sister in laws.  It would have been weird to have 3 MOHs and 2 BMs, so I made them all "bridesmaids"... because really what do they do differently?  My 3 best friends hosted my bachelorette party (because they wanted to) and they did a joint toast at the wedding (because they wanted to) .  One signed my marriage license, one held my bouquet at the wedding; one fixed my dress, etc. My husband had a best man and there was no confusion.  There is a nothing a MOH and BM have to do together.  have 5 bridesmaids you are fine :)

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards