Michigan-Detroit

Venues

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me of any good venues with a orchard, barn, or beach. I would love to have my wedding at a venue like that but I am also open to other beautiful places. I look forward to hearing from you with any advice on this.

Thank you,

Bethani

Re: Venues

• Welcome to the Detroit board Bethani!

For a beach, check out Metro Beach in Harrison Township via the Huron Clinton Metropark website. They have a "glass house" for receptions, and I believe a ceremony site with a gazebo.

I know there are multiple places with barn and orchard options but never kept track of them because it wasn't something I was interested in.

As for "other beautiful places", we got married at Greenmead Village in Livonia at 8 Mile & Newburgh Rds. It's a Livonia city park, with historic buildings and a non-denominational chapel with a banquet venue made from one of the historic buildings. The chapel and banquet buildings have max capacities of 100, but when we were speaking with them, they do have options for tents outdoors for larger guest lists. They supply tables & chairs, picnic tables and a dance floor. Everything else has to be brought in, ie caterer, alcohol, servers/staffing, linens, etc. Rental for both back in August 2011 when we married was $1000 for a Livonia resident. I don't know what it is now.

• Also forgot to mention, at the top of the board is a topic called "vendor cost/location/reviews". Brides over the past several years have shared their vendors and there are many with venues that are similar to what you are looking for.
  • Thank you so much for your help. I ended up going through there and found Cobblestone Farm which looks great! Is there anything else you suggest? I'll take suggestions for anything! :]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards