Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair/Makeup Timeline

I am sure someone has asked this at some point so I apologize... I have 3 stylists and 1 makeup artist for the big day and wondered what time you suggest we should start getting ready to have first look photos at 2:45 ish. There is myself, 4 BM's, 2 Juniors (one not doing hair, one not doing makeup), and my mom. I have appts starting at 11 at the moment but wondered if that was enough. Thanks for any input!

Re: Hair/Makeup Timeline

• Options
    I'd love to help but this is one of those situations that you need to speak to your stylist. Why?

Different types of hair (length and thickness)
    How long your stylist takes to do the style
    The style you have chosen

For my hair, it can take 1.5 to 2 hours just to straighten, 2 to 3 hours for curls, and so on.
  • Options
    I agree with @GlassButton that you need to consule the stylists and MUA on how long they anticipate needing for each person in your party. 

I also think you're starting kind of late.  I have 4 women (myself, MOH, MOB, MOG), 2 stylists and 1 MUA.  We're doing hair 9:30-11:30, picking up lunch and heading to the hotel for makeup 12:30-3.  MOH and I have to be ready to leave the hotel by 2:45 for 3pm first look (moms have an extra hour before they need to be ready).  We've also made sure to work in an extra ~30 minutes into both hair and makeup just in case things take longer than we were quoted.
  • Options
    thanks for your feedback ladies- I will definitely contact them and work it all out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards