Arkansas

New to the area

Hey ladies!
It doesn't look like this board is very active, but I thought I would give it a try... I am getting married in WI, but I recently moved to AR for work. Just thought I would reach out to some felllow knotties in my area to say hello! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New to the area

• Hey there, welcome to Arkansas!
     I love your profile picture!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_new-to-the-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:5698de63-3e7a-41bd-bd3a-8499f5bd2a3cPost:e2bb5e13-d84e-45e2-b26b-8311a01d1770">Re: New to the area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there, welcome to Arkansas!  I love your profile picture!
    Posted by fschuller[/QUOTE]
    Hi there! Thank you! That was actually taken right after FI proposed. He surprised me with a sunset helicopter ride from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and popped the question at the rim!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NW, live in Bentonville, work in Lowell
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • russ0002russ0002 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Yes! I love it here!!!
    We worked together at a local restaurant back in WI over 6 years ago. Started out hating each other :) dated off and on for a few years, FI got deployed, came home, got back together, been together ever since!
    I have a horse, try to ride, started running recently. We just did our first 5K in Joplin last weekend. I have also recently started knitting. Hiking, camping, anything outdoors :)
    We have three dogs, all terrier mixes of some sorts. One cat, he runs the house :) 
    LMAO! Flamethrower!
    How about you??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fschullerfschuller member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I live in central Arkansas, but we are moving to Van Buren after the wedding. FI got a job offer at the Mercy Clinic there. I am so nervous about being over 2 hours away from all my friends and finding a new job up there! But I guess it's time for a fresh start and beginning our life as husband and wife. I don't know a lot about the Fort Smith/Van Buren area, but just driving around Van Buren and the out-skirts it looked like a very nice, cozy place to live. Not nearly as crowded as Little Rock and I hear the crime rate is much lower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_new-to-the-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:5698de63-3e7a-41bd-bd3a-8499f5bd2a3cPost:b1ae3d74-dc3a-486d-ad61-51da83af79a6">Re: New to the area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in central Arkansas, but we are moving to Van Buren after the wedding. FI got a job offer at the Mercy Clinic there. I am so nervous about being over 2 hours away from all my friends and finding a new job up there! But I guess it's time for a fresh start and beginning our life as husband and wife. I don't know a lot about the Fort Smith/Van Buren area, but just driving around Van Buren and the out-skirts it looked like a very nice, cozy place to live. Not nearly as crowded as Little Rock and I hear the crime rate is much lower.
    Posted by fschuller[/QUOTE]
    Don't fret to much about the relocation! We just moved here from WI, and I had the same feelings too! But we love it here, and its fun and exciting to try something new with your FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fschuller said:
    I live in central Arkansas, but we are moving to Van Buren after the wedding. FI got a job offer at the Mercy Clinic there. I am so nervous about being over 2 hours away from all my friends and finding a new job up there! But I guess it's time for a fresh start and beginning our life as husband and wife. I don't know a lot about the Fort Smith/Van Buren area, but just driving around Van Buren and the out-skirts it looked like a very nice, cozy place to live. Not nearly as crowded as Little Rock and I hear the crime rate is much lower.
    I grew up in Fort Smith/Van Buren and it is a pretty nice place to live, though it can be a little boring as far as things to do. Unless you are heavy partiers I would avoid Garrison Avenue at night. The new Movie Lounge on Rogers is a great place to hang out. They have awesome food and the drinks are good as well. 

I just moved to NWA and I really love it. Lots to do and see, I love all of the parks and the diversity. 
  • Hey there, guys. It's been a while! We found our new house!! It's actually in Barling, the other side of Fort Smith from Van Buren. But it is a lot closer to FI's Mercy Hospital where he is working. It's a lot closer to the movie-lounge, dog park, nice restaurants, and cafes, too! I am liking that end of Rogers Avenue. I'm still living in Little Rock until after the wedding, but he's living there now and I'm jealous!

I'm feeling much better about the move and very excited. I have heard of Garrison Avenue, and I will try to avoid it at night. Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards