Chit Chat

Dreams

Anyone else having crazy dreams?  Last night involved my fiance's mom introducing me to family before his brothers wedding and me saying not to, a bee that looked like a puppy and fiance not there with me/not answering texts. 

A little perspective:  Yesterday I talked to him about making sure his mom doesn't tell every family member at his brother's wedding they are invited to ours.  We are having a small wedding and I've already received a text message from his mom with "you better invite so and so and even if you don't they are still showing up." So it's a concern for me since my mom would do it too!  I told him not to leave my side so he can say if they are invited or not.  Then on my walk with my dog, we saw a bee.

Am I crazy?!

Re: Dreams

• Thanks Alicia.  :)
  • Ever since I got engaged, I've been having crazy dreams. Most revolve around my fiance leaving me. I talked to my therapist because I assumed that this was a control issue, but she told me that it's not unusual to start having really weird dreams involving your SO when you're taking a drastic/new step in your relationship. Did you two get engaged recently? It might just be you trying to process the emotions of such a big life change.

On another note-don't read too much into it, dreams are dreams and I don't think we'll ever figure out why we have them, really.

• I wouldn't worry about the dreams. I generally dream about what I was thinking about last. 

As for your crazy MIL, have your FI deal with her. It is imperative that you come at this as a united front. 
  • We got engaged in February but I've been under an extreme amount of stress at work the last few months.  He's so supportive, even when I project on him.
  • Last night I had a dream that we went to Disneyland (in Santa Fe) for our honeymoon and they wouldn't let us ride the rides because I had an over due library book.
  • Misssunshine, That's why I had "the talk" with him yesterday so we are united.  Originally I wanted the wedding to be no more than 20 people, but it's grown to no more than 75.  I get a little panicked thinking about how the number grew.  My parents offered to pay for most of it or else we couldn't afford that many.

Love it, WonderRed.  Thanks everyone - either I'm not crazy, or we are all crazy. ;) 
  • So the fiance just called me at lunch to tell me that he had a dream last week where I dumped him for a baseball player.  ;)
  • I wish I had wedding related dreams. My dreams lately have been (nerd alert!) about my mmorpg that I have been addicted to playing. Seriously, I have had video game dreams. :(
  • I had a dream that I bought a dress that I wasn't overly thrilled with.  When I went for my fitting (in the dream) I hated it and thought about how I couldn't afford another dress and didn't have time for one to come in.  
  • YES! Last night I had a weird dream that my mom & aunts/party planners extraordinaire sat me down to show me my centerpieces, which involved soccer ball-sized light up eggs in them. I was horrified as they also gave me a list of things they decided to skip doing, including STDs, corsages & boutonnieres for my VIPS, programs, and favors. It was super weird.  
  • I've had a couple of dreams where I'm at my wedding, but with nothing that hasn't already been arranged (10+ months out!) Just last night I dreamed that we didn't have a DJ and my hair was down because I didn't have a stylist
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards