Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Venue drama... ugh

So yesterday my FMIL announced that we can't have the (9-month planned) reception at her house anymore because it's "technically" illegal even though it's their property. So now we're under 6months from the big day and I'm scrambling for a venue that holds 125-150 people for dinner on Valentine's Day so far I am striking out everywhere I check. 

Anyone planned this-big a wedding in under 6months with no venue?! Getting stressed out.

Re: Reception Venue drama... ugh

• So yesterday my FMIL announced that we can't have the (9-month planned) reception at her house anymore because it's "technically" illegal even though it's their property. So now we're under 6months from the big day and I'm scrambling for a venue that holds 125-150 people for dinner on Valentine's Day so far I am striking out everywhere I check. 

Anyone planned this-big a wedding in under 6months with no venue?! Getting stressed out.
    Your best bet is to post on your local board.

Anniversary

• What does she mean by "technically"?  Does she mean that she needs to get permits and if she doesn't then it is "illegal"?  I have never planned a large party on my own property but I am sure there are some things that you need to do in regards to event permits and such.

I think you should look into what is needed in your area for an event on private property while also searching for another reception site.

• My aunt had her reception in her backyard.  She had to get permits and the noise had to end at 10 pm, but it was certainly all legal in the end.

You can find venues still available.  Maybe be willing to adjust your date?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards