May 2014 Weddings

New Color Scheme Idea-Need Suggestions/Comments

So in a previous post I stated I was looking at bright colors and needed some help on other colors to use with it. However, I came across on pinterest the color combination of coral and navy and fell in love with it. It would be perfect because the bridesmaid dress I have selected has a solid color then a sash around the waist to go in another color. I was thinking the dress could be navy and the sash coral then bring out the coral in the bridesmaid flowers. I have not thought of how I could make it work at the reception. I am a little scared though because coral and navy is such a bold choice and my mom thinks navy is totally inappropriate for a summer wedding (May 31, 2014). Plus the wedding on pinterest was a seaside themed wedding. Our ceremony is at the church and reception at a community house in town. Could I still use this color combo or is it in fact, inappropriate? 

Re: New Color Scheme Idea-Need Suggestions/Comments

• Use whatever colors you want/like!!!  IMO, seasonal colors don't really matter, it's about the look/style you want for your wedding.  I'm having navy as one of my colors too (May 2) which is going to look great with the pastel pinks I'm using in my flowers.  Coal is a bit of a bold color but it works very nicely with navy - I think I've seen that Pinterest post you mentioned and liked how the colors look together but I don't think it needs to be reserved for seaside/beach weddings.  You can also Google your color combo to get ideas for flower arrangements.

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think I've posted this on here before, but these are the colors that I am going with:

Also, who really cares if your color is deemed inappropriate for the season? At the end of the day, no one will care about it
    Anniversary
  • I love the navy/coral look! Originally I was doing Navy and Yellow, but I'm leaning towards coral more now. And I think navy and coral are both very acceptable for a summer wedding -- they are very nautical, so how is that NOT summer?! Good luck!

• Thanks y'all! Well my swatches for the bridesmaid dresses came today in navy and coral and my mom LOVES it. I am so thrilled. In the end, I know it my decision, but it helps when your mom likes the colors you choose. I told her maybe she learned she is not always right lol. I am very excited now!
  • Glad your mom is on board!  I know it took my mom a while to see and understand my wedding vision, and there's a bit of stress taken off once they get it!  Congrats & happy planning!! 
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our colors are Navy, Silver and Ivory/Off white with a hint of Sage...

Do what ever colors you want! I was just at a wedding in April and their colors were Eggplant, Burnt orange, Ivory with a hint of Lime. It looked nice together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks like May 2014 is going to have a lot of coral and navy because those are my colors too! Glad your mom is on board now :)
  • My wedding is 5/3/14 and I had planned on using navy and cream with coral as an accent color.  My only warning is, beware of Pinterest....there really aren't "coral" flowers.  A friend of mine tried to use the same colors and when she showed her florist some Pinterest posts, her florist told her those flowers were painted.  When I met with my florist, she said she could do hot pink or a paler peach color, but there are no coral flowers.

My bridesmaids will be in navy dresses, and my reception site doesn't require much decoration so I'll have cream tablecloths with navy napkins.  We ended up going with the bright hot pink roses/gerber daises, etc. because coral wasn't do-able.  I just wanted a bright pop of color in there somewhere.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards