Attire & Accessories Forum

Unhappy about dress alterations, wedding only 9 days away (PIP)

Last night I had my final fitting and at the time I thought my dress looked good. There were a couple of spots I thought that it looked like there was too much fabric or something but I figured once my dress is steamed it would look better. However, my MOH was with me and took pictures and sent them to me and after looking at them I think my dress looks horrible and needs more work. But my wedding is only 9 days away!!

I'm really stressed out about it and I'm not sure if my dress actually needs more alterations or if it just needs to be steamed. When I looked at the picture of my dress from the back, it almost looks like it's tied as tightly as it can be and that the dress is too big. Am I overreacting or should I call my alterations person and see if she can fix it up a little?

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9b76e1b031&view=att&th=140ca38152af4747&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=1444709340439117824-local1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_aGTgc3NKNOocasUnqWpbw&sadet=1377782254416&sads=fkyi1LHDrK0KU4QjDUq8h9p9HSM

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9b76e1b031&view=att&th=140ca38152af4747&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1444709340439117824-local0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_aGTgc3NKNOocasUnqWpbw&sadet=1377782245487&sads=beDEcC--YelcGhfdO51amXGGgwI&sadssc=1

Re: Unhappy about dress alterations, wedding only 9 days away (PIP)

• Can't see the photos.
    *********************************************************************************

• Did the photos work this time?
  • I think it looks fine. It's a little bunchy on your right side (front and back) - if they can fix that to smooth it out, great. If not, it's barely noticeable. The only reason I noticed it is because you asked. :) 

Honestly, with 9 days to go, I'd just focus on the moment - your dress is lovely.
    *********************************************************************************

• I think your dress is very pretty and I wouldn't have noticed anything if you didn't mention it. It just looks like it's pulled a little too tight on that side or something. Is it possible that you maybe your corset just needs re-laced or something?
  •  I agree with pp. It looks like whoever laced it may have done so unevenly. I would call and bring up your concerns with the person who did your alterations. See what she hs to say and probably go try your dress back on today for peace of mind. It is a beautiful dress!
  • I think it's fine. Just make sure to tuck in the ends of your laces!
  • I think it's beautiful on you! 
    I agree that going back in to put it on again is a good idea - peace of mind is worth the trip, and possibly bring with you whoever is going to help tie up the corset back on your wedding day so they can practice getting both sides even.  
    After it's evenly tied and steamed.. I think it will be perfect. :)
  • I think it looks lovely - like PPs said, I wouldn't have notice it being a little bunched on the side if I hadn't been looking for it because you mentioned it.

If it makes you feel any better, I walked out of my last fitting wondering if maybe the bust on my dress was just a tad too loose. My seamstress assured me that it was not, and that taking it in any further would be problematic - and she was totally right. On my wedding day, I appreciated not feeling that I was constricted up top, and in all the photos it looks absolutely perfectly fitted to me. Talk to your seamstress about your concerns, and then trust that the works she's doing is what the dress needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards