Chit Chat

Marriage & Wedding?

2»

Re: Marriage & Wedding?

• SBmini said:
    Wow, tough crowd in here, eh? Way to attack without offering any sort of advice for a best way forward.

The phrasing you are looking for is "Vow Renewal" that is officially what your celebration is. 
    LOL...so stating a fact (you are legally married, therefore cannot have a 'wedding') is somehow attacking the OP??

Plenty of posters, myself included, offered polite advice on how she can plan her celebration...so I don't know what you are complaining about...
  • That's me loving your posts kmmssg!!

• Why don't you do something like "We signed the papers, now it's time to say our "I'do's...." on your invitation.
    They can't....because they did.

• mobkaz said:
    Why don't you do something like "We signed the papers, now it's time to say our "I'do's...." on your invitation.
    That's your opinion.  She didn't ask our opinion on having it or not, just what wording to use.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Cokezerofreak said:
    mobkaz said: Cokezerofreak said: Why don't you do something like "We signed the papers, now it's time to say our "I'do's...." on your invitation.
    They can't....because they did. That's your opinion.  She didn't ask our opinion on having it or not, just what wording to use.  

Oy.  The OP is struggling with wording because there are no words A MARRIED COUPLE can use to invite people to their WEDDING CEREMONY AND RECEPTION.  This is not a difficult concept. 

• NYCBruinNYCBruin member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013

mobkaz said:

Why don't you do something like "We signed the papers, now it's time to say our "I'do's...." on your invitation.

That's your opinion.  She didn't ask our opinion on having it or not, just what wording to use.

Would you also be upset if you asked me if your hair looked ok and I informed you that you had lipstick on your teeth? Because you certainly didn't ask me about lipstick on your teeth, but I'd assume you'd want to know if you were going to do something embarrassing and didn't realize it (like show up to work with lipstick on your teeth or try to have a wedding when you're already married).
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Unless they have a time machine and are going back to the day they got married or they are filing for divorce/have filed for divorce and are now getting married again, they cannot invite people to witness their wedding.  It already happened.

@Maggie0829 : Good analogy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards