Not Engaged Yet

Weekend plans?

edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
What are ya'll doing this weekend? I'm heading out to the hamptons with BF bright and early tomorrow morning to spend the day at the Hampton Classic Horse Show. I used to go every year, but I haven't gone in a while and I CANNOT wait. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekend plans?

• That sounds like a lot of fun!

Tomorrow I have to work but I'm leaving an hour early to head over to SC with FI and his mom and stepdad. We are staying in Greenville but we will spend Saturday tailgating and watching the Clemson game and Sunday we are heading for the lake. I need some sun on me like nothing else.

My dad's bday is on Monday but he will be out of town most likely helping my grandma with taking care of my grandpa since he just got out of surgery for his broken hip. It sounds like the surgery was successful and that he is resting fine. 
  • Friday & Saturday - RELAX :) I intend to be a bum.
    Sunday - going to the zoo with my best friend and her daughter. I'm really excited because it's her daughter's first zoo trip!
    Monday (I'm off for the holiday, so counting it as a weekend day) - more being a bum
  • Tomorrow: No plans as of now. 

Saturday: My aunt's service is at 2 in PA and I can only stop by briefly which I'm bummed about. My cousin is getting married that night in MD. Lots of emotions on Saturday. 

Sunday: We'll get up and maybe check out the area with Lucy (the hotel is pet-friendly!) and then head back home. 

Monday, I'm off work, and I'll probably spend the day cleaning the apartment so that @audrewuh and @elle1036 aren't grossed out when they arrive on Thursday! 

• No weekend plans yet, but we're dodging more storms tonight. We had a severe t'storm roll through this morning - lots of wind and rain. I didn't have a chance to check for flooding this morning in my apartment - hope I stayed dry ...

So this weekend I'll probably do more laundry and keep knitting. Maybe clear more of my Netflix queue. I'm down to 88 things which is really good for me.
  • @Hummingbird125 - I've never been to the Hamptons.  What is it like?

@southernpeach89 - I'm glad your grandpa's surgery was successful!

I'm working today and tomorrow.  Saturday H and I leave early for Houston to visit my best friend!

Saturday = lunch, massages (so looking forward to that) and a baseball game!

Sunday = brunch, a trip to NASA station to check it out (H is excited) and a home cooked meal by your truly...no idea what I'm going to make other than the salad (wilted spinach, carmalized apples and goat cheese with pine nuts) and a side (roasted potatos with roasted bell peppers and carmalized onions with garlic).  Main dish ideas ladies???

Monday = flight back to Chicago.  :(

• minskat30 said:

@Hummingbird125 - I've never been to the Hamptons.  What is it like?

I've mostly gone out there horse show, which is about 100x fancier than regular horse shows. People dress up, and there is a shopping boutique garden, and lots of good food, and most of the horses there are worth more than a year's salary. It's a beautiful drive out there though - lots of huge houses set way back from the road, horse farms, and vineyards. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • P.S. I literally JUST realized it is Labor Day Weekend. Oh the perks of being unemployed...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am probably working the whole weekend. DH is out of town and coming back on Monday with his truck and his dad (driving from CO to Chicago). I will have to tidy up the apartment, but mostly I am just hitting the grindstone hard and really committing to finishing this degree ASAP. So, work it is!  
  • Board game weekend for us!  Plus I finally get to meet my BF's grandma (who he unfortunately only sees at most once a year).  Hopefully I can avoid having to bring my work computer with me (crossing my fingers).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like everyone has some fun plans! Of course DH and I waited until the last minute to decide "it might be fun to get out of town". Now it looks like most things we could afford are booked...so we'll probably just stay home and get to some of the house projects we never seem to have time for. Not super fun, but hopefully it will be productive.
  • BF and I are hosting a 14 year old Chinese foreign exchange student this weekend. Her regular host family is out of town and they couldn't adjust their travel plans to include her so we're the backup (my BFF runs a settling and tutoring service for Asian students and families so that's how we got picked). She arrives on Friday afternoon so I'm not really sure what our plans are for that evening.

Saturday we're taking her to this massive Asian grocery/farmer's market because she wants to buy some snacks for her dorm back at school so I figure they'll probably have stuff familiar to her there...plus BF and I like buying some things there anyway. Afterwards I'm taking her shopping and we're meeting an old college buddy of mine for lunch. We'll meet up with BF that evening for either more shopping or just BBQ'ing at home.

Sunday my dad got tickets for the whole family to go to the Brave's game since his birthday is Monday. Since he'll be out of town helping my grandparents BF and I are going to take Vicky (our Chinese student) and hopefully some friends to the game. After the game I had originally planned on taking Vicky to my family's house so she could meet them and play with their dogs (she loves dogs apparently) but that is kind of up in the air right now.

Monday we have to take Vicky back to her boarding school. Luckily it's really close to a great hiking spot so we'll go early for hiking first (she's also very outdoorsy according to her profile) and then take her back to school.

Wish me luck! I'm really excited but also apprehensive because hosting a foreign student is a first for me. Hopefully she'll feel welcome and comfortable in our home.

• Friday: celebratory dinner with family (ostensibly to celebrate my qualifying exam ... but it's actually because we're surprising them with our engagement).

Saturday: CLEANING our disgusting apartment because I've been too busy with my exam; hopefully getting rid of some stuff because it's Allston Christmas; and maybe hanging out with a friend from NYC who's coming to town.

Sunday: My friends are organizing a "big fat beach day," where a bunch of us plus sized ladies are gonna head to the beach in East Boston. We'll probably go, although it'll depend on how exhausted I am.

Monday: My grandmother is hosting Rosh Hashanah dinner early this year, so we're having dinner at her house with my family. I'm excited to see my family, especially since my brother can't come to dinner tomorrow night.

All in all, a fun weekend before the school year begins.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Our weekend so far looks pretty laid back, BF has to work Monday so at least I'll have the house to myself!

Friday night: Try to convince BF for us to go out for sushi for dinner.

Saturday: Scrub down and vaccum the pool (we have a surprise algae bloom which we need to clear up before we close the pool)

Sunday: BF's friends may come over with their puppy so Quigley and the puppy can play together.

Monday: Cleaning my gross house, maybe pack for my getaway next weekend, or just sit at home and drink wine after I'm done cleaning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Friday: Fighting with the financial aid office to give my back my damn scholarship. (I didn't lose it because of anything academic; I am in great standing. Apparently I've taken too many classes. ?????) And also I'll be trying not to get too heated that I had to pay them a shit-ton of money today on NO notice and compose an appeal that may not even get my money back instead of studying. Friday will be the suck during the day. I hope BF will be able to come over in the evening. He should be able to if his aunt doesn't flake out with watching his grandfather again.

Saturday: Hanging out with BF, some housework and studying, and baby-sitting in the evening.

Sunday: Workin' and studyin'.

Monday: Studyin'. No fancy plans for me, sadly, but it's looking like I'll need the extra time.

Hope everybody has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
  • @Amapola14 - I'm so sorry you are dealing with financial aid crap. I had a freak out last week when I learned I might have to pay about $6000 for this semester for something I'd never even been informed of. Thankfully it should all be worked out now, I hope you can figure something out!

• Thanks, @bethsmiles. :) Omigosh, $6000 is a crazy bill to have dropped on you just like that! I'm glad you've got it all squared away now.

I was definitely heated today, but I wrote my appeal and will turn it in tomorrow, so that's all I can do. I am just irritated. This is an issue with how many credits I have taken at this college - I've exceeded some kind of maximum timeframe in which to complete my degree or something. I want to know how this didn't come up two months ago when I registered for these credits that apparently pushed me over the limit. Why did they wait until classes have been in session for a week to let me in on this little stipulation? I'm supposed to be studying and they think I'm going to deal with this shit? Oh no.

• I love that GIF! You really would think they could tell students things before the last possible minute. I absolutely hate dealing with my university. I feel like they are never willing to help or make things easier. And the amount of paperwork is out of control!

• They withheld my tuition waiver to make me file paperwork. Tell you, nothing works quite so well ...
  • What are ya'll doing this weekend? I'm heading out to the hamptons with BF bright and early tomorrow morning to spend the day at the Hampton Classic Horse Show. I used to go every year, but I haven't gone in a while and I CANNOT wait. 
    Insanely jealous. We were gonna go hang at the Warrenton Horse Show with friends that have babies and yearlings on the line, but we have family coming into town and we need to go back to school shopping for Bean after his lesson. So booo. No horse show fun for us this weekend.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Tonight: going out to eat with the family and cleaning the house so el Senor's brother and mom can stay for the weekend.

Tomorrow: barn in the morning, some horse show shopping and then back to school shopping. Then my little sister is having and awesome Bacon and Beer Fest party! NOM! I will eat all the things...and drink lemonade.

Sunday: Uh, lay around and be lazy? I don't know. Probably more back to school shopping.

Monday: DEFINITELY lay around and be lazy.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards