October 2013 Weddings

Wedding invite FAIL

Oh wow, I am an idiot! It was just brought to my attention that the first set of invites we sent out (for out of town guests) had our return address label in the wrong spot for the RSVP card. We did self addressed stamped envelopes for the RSVP and instead of putting our label in the recipient spot we put them in the sender spot (top left). I feel like such a fool! No wonder we haven't had any come back. I guess the good news is that we haven't sent out the ones for local guests. Those will be going this weekend and I will make sure they are done the right way this go around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding invite FAIL

• edited August 2013
    It sucks that this mistake has already been made, but if no address is put in for the "send to", won't the mail default to the original sender...which in this case is the same address as what the "to be sent to" should be?

I understand that was written very poorly, but do you get what I mean?

I'd also hope that people would notice this and just copy the address into the "send to" spot. As a wedding invitee, this wouldn't bug me too much.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• SewInLoveWithDMB yes that does make sense and makes me feel a lot better! Thank you!! I vow not to make the same mistake twice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think they'll get back to you - either by the return address or guests using common sense. (Here's hoping they have it!  ;)  )

I, for one, believe in thinking that people are rather decent for this sort of thing. So far, we have received 85% of our rsvp cards back, no one has forgotten to write their names (which is good cause we didn't number the cards), and no one has added uninvited guests. So, your guests hopefully will copy the address again!  :)

Good luck - and hope you start receiving rsvps soon...it's fun to check the mailbox each day!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I think they'll get back to you - either by the return address or guests using common sense. (Here's hoping they have it!  ;)  )

I, for one, believe in thinking that people are rather decent for this sort of thing. So far, we have received 85% of our rsvp cards back, no one has forgotten to write their names (which is good cause we didn't number the cards), and no one has added uninvited guests. So, your guests hopefully will copy the address again!  :)

Good luck - and hope you start receiving rsvps soon...it's fun to check the mailbox each day!

we have received probably the same percentage back and we didnt number ours either and thankfully they have all come back with names!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards