Registry and Gift Forum

Caution with Kohls

We have items (including a large patio umbrella) that show up as purchased on our wedding gift registry.  After multiple calls to Kohls, we have given the gift up as lost.  They have no way of tracking who bought items from our registry.  So we have no idea, until someone actually asks about the gifts, who bought them.  They could have been stolen, never delivered, returned, who knows.  Kohls can not and will not do anything else for us.  
Be cautious before choosing them as a registry option.

Re: Caution with Kohls

• Did your wedding already happen?  Is there a chance the gifts were bought but are to be given in person and that just hasn't happened yet?

With that said, if anyone walks into a store and pays cash for any registry item, the store will have no way to track who it was.  Even if I pay by credit card, they will still not have my contact details.  This applies to any store, not just Kohls.
  • If a person bought you a gift and themselves a patio umbrella at the same time it will appear as purchased on your registry. We had a few odd ball items show up on our registaries as well. This happens every where btw.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • summergrl5ssummergrl5s member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    I bought a wedding gift from Kohls online off-registry for friends a few years ago when I couldn't attend their wedding.  Almost a year later I visited them (we are not super-close) and asked if they ever got the gift...and they had not! Neither of us ended up following up bc so much time had passed, but that made me very wary...
  • We had a  Khols registry and I actually received a gift that did not have a purchasers name on it.. It was marked bought on the registry, so I went to my local store and they were actually able to tell me who bought it...

My only flaw with them was we had two items that although people were purchasing off our registry were not being marked as bought so we ended up receiving 4 coffee pots and 6 of the same beach towel.  But again, once I went to the actual store, they were able to mark it as bought.

I think it really depends where you are and what store you go to, but my local stores were helpful.

unfortunately things like this can happen at any store.   

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards